Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re sizing pics
I've started a thread regarding my purchase of the done deal Delorean but I am struggling to add the pics due to sizing - I'm using an I pad and I phone - can someone explain how I do it - many thanks
You and me both Dave...not exactly user friendly ......to us non-techy's.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I think it's best to use a PC to post pictures on the forum.  You have more control over the sizes of them.

A simple method is to use Microsoft Paint, or another Photograph editing capable program to get the file size down to 500kbytes or less (That's 1/2 a Mb to most people).  You can do this by making sure it's of a less memory intensive file format, like a .PNG.  You can still use .JPG or .BMP but the physical size of these formats would have to be significantly smaller by comparison to the likes of a .PNG.

I'll use MS Paint as an example, since anyone using a PC will have access to that program.

- Open your picture.
- Save as (new file name).PNG.
- Assess size of this new file by hovering over it with your mouse, or right clicking on it and looking at the properties of the file.

At this point, if it says the file is less that 500kbytes (0.5Mbs), then you can go ahead and attach it to the forum now.

If not, do the following:

- Reopen your new .PNG photo file with MS Paint.
- Click on "Resize"
- On the Popup window, ensure the tick box called "Maintain aspect ratio" is selected and make sure the "percentage" button is selected too.
- Both Horizontal and Vertical boxes should have "100" written within them.  Pick one and reduce this "100" to a smaller number.  Half the size obvioulsy being "50" instead of "100".  I recommend picking the Horizontal one to change.  Due to the "Maintain aspect ratio" option being selected, the vertical will also change automatically.
- Now press "OK" and you'll see your photo has been reduced in size (by 50% if you chose "50" instead of "100")
- Save and assess again.

Keep doing this until the file size is acceptable for the forum to accept (LESS THAN 500kbytes "KB")

Attached Files Image(s)

Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Best to resize on a pc or upload the images elsewhere and link to them here.

Alternatively, this forum could be adjusted to allow larger size images.

It’s usually quite easy to do. Maybe there was a reason it’s set to such a small size?

I work in IT and have administered many website and forums. I can help change the forum settings if the team are unsure how to go about it and are open to changing that setting.
DavidB

VIN# - Pending
2022 Tesla Model 3 LRAWD
2019 Tesla Model 3 LRAWD
2018 Mitsubishi Outlander 5hs PHEV

It probably comes down to cost of server space. More photos or bigger photos means more required storage to contain them. Maybe it's a case that more space equals more money to sit the website on the net. More money would then mean higher DOC membership costs for everyone. I'm just guessing though. The website is in the hands of others.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
Fair enough. If any help is needed I don’t mind chipping in!
DavidB

VIN# - Pending
2022 Tesla Model 3 LRAWD
2019 Tesla Model 3 LRAWD

I must admit I'm not too happy with the present set up.

Its not as if we are 'overburdened ' with posts......more activity would be good...in my opinion.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I agree actually. It's just that I can understand why its the way it is right now. So i just figured out what i had to do to get along.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
Some hosts offer unlimited storage space and bandwidth. It’s hard to compare without knowing what the current package is. But this may have all been checked before, I’m fairly new to the club so don’t know all the ins and outs. :-)
DavidB

VIN# - Pending
2022 Tesla Model 3 LRAWD
2019 Tesla Model 3 LRAWD

I'm not in a position of knowledge on this subject either. It would be for "a.another" to answer.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
Well I managed adding a couple of pics on my done deal Delorean thread but it was hard work - I used an app called lunapic- probably an easier way - never a problem on the eurotec site
Quote:I'm not in a position of knowledge on this subject either. It would be for "a.another" to answer.
This all down to Rich H, nothing to do with me.
I'm happy with whatever.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Agreed, this is something that we can discuss with Rich H at the AGM at the NEC as he is the Forum Administrator Wink
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie