Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RHD Project for auction, 1st Sept 2018
A bit of a red-letter day,  having finally finished the brakes off, the car drove under its own power for the first time in over 30 years.

The brakes were a right pain in the neck to bleed. With everything being new, or newly refurbished, it took nearly a gallon of brake fluid to get the air out.  Only then did I dare try it under its own power...I only drove around the block....but it good after about 15 months of ownership.....to see that it actually works. Smile

I have some video but I cant seem to post it...too big?
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
All looks very nice, did the front wheels fit all OK over the Princess calipers?
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584

Yes they fit fine Chris.......I will be very interested to see how they work once everything has bedded in.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Never noticed that!
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584

I know this isn't the proper place for this , but I'm pleased to say one of our members has expressed a keen interest in the car.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
The car thats now learking on my garage lift belongs to a long time club member, who's doing it up.

It's not the one for sale, or nearly sold, should I say.  Just a coincidence of timing. Shy
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
So whats on the way???????? Shy
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Oh my goodness Chris. I’m so sorry to hear this.

What a lovely way to remember and continue to be with him.

My condolences.

Tris

(28 Aug 2020, 18:16) pid=\51788' Wrote:Chris P

A bit off topic...but I have recently acquired  a new car.....to play with until I get MGJ on the road.....a very sad story I'm afraid. Some of you had met Robert.....he was a big classic car fan.  Heart.   He left me a small bequest....so I bought the TR 7 with it, to remind me of all the good times we had together.
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
Thanks Tris,

It was you and your dad that inspired me.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I'm sorry to hear the bad news Chris. There are no words that can help, I know. I'm sure he would have approved of your way of remembering him.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Hi Chris

Condolences to you.

always loved TR7's,  and have looked several times for myself (along with Stags! and TR8's -genuine).

you still get people on forums moaning, having never driven one, and of course they were the best selling TR

must be a wedge thing...

Steve
PS tank fitted with all new pump, lines etc...still yet to start 5222
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
what a beautiful tribute Chrispy, I've always loved TR7's and toyed with one back in the day before taking the plunge on #2292.

Sadly I dont think I'd get in one now - or if I did, I doubt I'd get back out again without doing myself a serious mischief.

Much love to you and Christine from us all x
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Back to the plot....

...its been nearly a year since I have looked at my car.....but Richard Hanlon working on his car has inspired me to get cracking again.

I got it going again this morning, after many months of standing, charged the battery overnight.....a puff of brake cleaner up the air intake.......popping and banging for a while, but now running sweetly...up to temp with fans clicking in and out.

Again, following Richards example, I had another go at my leather seats. Smothered them with leather stuff....scrubbed them all over and am now letting it to soak in.  I also had another go at my carpets...spray...scrub....blott with kitchen roll......a couple of times. Its amaing how much crap still comes out.

All this has been done in my newly refurbished garage. Ive been at it (on my ouwn) for weeks. I have extended my upper floor storage area and fitted a proper staircase instead of that hateful ladder....which ive used for the last 10 years.

Things are looking up a little....slightly more normal........my new normal............
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
it's very therapeutic to have a garage  reorganisation. Having a tinker with the car also helps eh?
Vin 11789 (probably #50 of the Middle East batch of 50)
Excellent news Chris, really pleased to read that you're making progress again and have spent some time making improvements to your setup, after the terrible year you and your family have had. Hope to be able to pop down and see you soon as we're allowed. 

That upper storage area of yours looked great, even better with proper access. 

Have you had the TR7 out much?
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126