Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Bosworth
Hear hear. True words spoken Chris and 88.

I'm in a similar situation - hence my resurgence into the DeLorean scene and my determination to be an owner this year.

I'm still shocked over Mike. Sad
Can't get to grips with it
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
Posted by Alistair over on the Eurotec forum, when we have the info regarding either donations/flowers then I will add this also as I'm sure people will wish to show how they feel.

Shaun has sent me this and asked me to post it

"Thank you all so very much for sharing your memories and your condolences for my brother Mike.

It is extremely comforting for me to know that he was a part of a community of people who came together to share similar talents and passions.

Mike is quite a bit older than me. Growing up he was my best friend and took on the role of my father after our parents divorced. I learnt an incredible amount from Mike. We did everything together. He was always making things, fixing things, improving things.. Really complicated things. I have no idea where he learnt to do most of it. Especially in a world before the Internet. His creative drive and attention to detail will always amaze me.

Throughout most of his life Mike was mostly a "loner". That was just how he was. I never knew him any other way. He once told me that he left school having never being part of a good group of friends. Even so many years later he was quite sad about that. I know many of you may never have met him in person, others may not have got to know him very well, but I want to thank you all for giving him something in life that he always wanted. To be part of a community of like-minded people, to feel valued and respected. You all gave him that, and I will forever be grateful. I hope his memory can inspire you all to continue to do great things together.

Thank you again,

Shaun Bosworth"

Funeral is likely to be next Thursday in Cottingham nr Hull, will have confirmation tomorrow
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Update with the details of Mike's funeral should people wish to attend:

Dear Chris,
Michaels funeral details are as follows
3.30 on Thursday 14th January, at Haltemprice Crematorium, off the A164 , Willerby .East Yorkshire HU10 6NS.
Michael is at H Kemp and Sons in Cottingham.
My youngest son Shaun emailed me some photographs and comments  that were left on the forum, it was so comforting to read them all.
I understand that some of Michaels friends from the Delorean Club are coming to the service, would you possibly know if they will be in Deloreans? The funeral director asked if there were so they could maybe do a guard of honour ?
If this was possible, could you please contact Mr Kemp on 01482 843898 or email on hkempandsonltd@gmail.com. So he could discuss this with you.
Many thanks
Jackie de Winter-Davison

I will try to find out if flowers or donations are required if anyone would like to contribute, it may be best to do as a joint thing from the two clubs so will check with Al about this.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Hi Chris,
Thank you for your reply,
Michaels wife Ann and myself have decided family flowers only, but donations wild be appreciated for the Salvation Army.
It was so kind of Alistair to get in touch with Shaun , we really do appreciate the lovely photos and comments that were sent.
Many thanks
Jackie
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
You jokingly called me “Barren”, I called you “Dozy”,
pulling each others legs you were “our mate Bozzy”

We felt your generosity and warmth, your welcoming arms open wide,
but like all shining stars we were blinded to the fact you were burning inside.
Now you’re gone we all shed a tear, at losing a friend we held so dear.

Remembering the good times, fixing cars, the fun and the frolics,
in our motley crew of euphoric Delorean, partying alcoholics.
We treasure the memories in pictures and video where we all stood together,
Mike Bosworth you are a legend; and in our hearts you’ll live forever.
VIN 4532

DOC-574
I'm unable to attend myself however I have had this email (below) and wonder if Al would be good enough to volunteer to do this on behalf of the DeLorean community? Perhaps using some of the kind words shown over the forums and through Facebook. If someone could let me know so I can pass the message on to Mike's Mum

Hi Chris,
Myself and Michaels wife Ann would like to ask if any of Michaels friends from the Delorean Club/Clubs would like to say a few words at the service or do the toast to Michael at the wake after the service.
After looking at photos and reading comments that members have sent/written it is so comforting that Michael had such a wonderful Delorean "Family" .
Kind Regards
Jackie
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
a donation to the Salvation Army is a wonderful idea, they do amazing work.
A DeLorean 'guard of honour' would be quite a sight, hope this can be pulled off as a fitting tribute.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I am hoping to attend, subject to car being OK and weather, so will do what I can if I get there.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
yes, snow is forecast for next week, still make a change from the incessant rain....
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I'm just getting ready to set off…in my 4X4 with special winter tyres! Sadly I have a few issues with both DeLoreans and it would be foolhardy to try and use either of them on such a long trip with the current weather forecast.

I am taking a small donation from the DOCUK and DMC(1978)Ltd to give to Mikes family, to forward onto their chosen charity, The Salvation Army.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Well done Chris, that's good of you, and hope you had a safe trip.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Thank you for going along Chris, I'm sure Mike's family will appreciate it.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Just got back, it was a very dignified affair and well attended, for such a tragic event.

Just one DeLorean Car made it through the sleet and high winds after a 5 hour drive from the south coast.

RIP Bozzy.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Thanks for the update Chris.

Sad day. Sad
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
(14 Jan 2016, 20:12)Chris P Wrote: Just got back, it was a very dignified affair and well attended,  for such a tragic event.

Just one DeLorean Car made it through the sleet and high winds after a 5 hour drive from the south coast.

RIP Bozzy.

Good to see ya again Chris, and I don't blame you for not bringing the D. Hats off to MEC for bringing his D, it looked great.

RIP Marty!

(14 Jan 2016, 17:09)Chris Williams Wrote: Thank you for going along Chris, I'm sure Mike's family will appreciate it.
Chris
They were all taken back by the support which they never knew existed. Nice family, his brothers were awesome.
http://www.deloreanhire.com
http://www.fusiontimetravel.co.uk

Ex 1981 DMC Delorean Time Machine owner.