The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Mike Bosworth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I received this email today with some very sad news for Mike's family. I'm sure our thoughts go out to his family at this time.;

Dear Sir,
I am informing the Deloreans Owners Club of the sudden death of Michael Bosworth. I know that in the past Michael ( my eldest son) spent a lot of time with Deloreans.I am not sure of any friends of Michaels in the club to contact.As yet I don't know the date of the funeral but anyone wishing to attend please email me for details .
Yours faithfully
Jackie de Winter-Davison

I will update this thread when I receive more info.
My condolence to his family.
I am very shocked to have heard this news. I can't quite believe it.
All I can think of, is the great times and banter we had brought together over a common love of the Delorean motor car.
I don't have the words at the moment to express how sorry I am over this.
Very sorry to hear this.

Miss you Mike.
Very sorry to hear this and my condolences go to Mike's family.

RIP Mike
shocked to read this today, Mike was our Club Secretary between Chris Parnham and Chris Williams, and we did have
some good laughs back in the day.

Condolences to his family at this sad time.
I can't believe it.  

I worked with Mike for a short time when he was Secretary and I was web editor.

It was Mike that gave me my very first ride in a DeLorean back in 2006 around Donington park - in fact it's the video I recently edited together where he and I have a bit of banter in the car and blasted the BTTF tune at the end of our track time.....

So very very sad and upsetting.

My thoughts are with his family.
remember it well Tris, that was the year that Mikes car won 'Best Renault Powered Car' at the Renault World Series at Donington.

Might have a photo somewhere.

this was me accepting his award on his behalf at the awards ceremony that night, he didn't know he'd
won the prize so went home.  I remember him being chuffed to receive it.  HEC6T was a lovely car.
That's brilliant Claire I didn't realise he'd won that. Lovely to see Smile
His D was lovely.

Tris
If anyone wishes to post up any pictures/stories/Etc of Mike or stories of your time with him or thoughts then please feel free to do so either on this forum or the other thread I started. I know Alistair wishes to get something together to present to his family, a gallery of photo's and good times so to speak.
Chris
RIP Bozzy. Sad
Very sad news indeed.
Just came across this news article of Mike with his BTTF car:
http://m.hulldailymail.co.uk/Future-fana...story.html
[Image: 20130427_150730.jpg]

Rest in peace future boy :-(
Very sad news indeed.  RIP Bozzy. The photo was of Bozzy being presented with a certificate from Colin Spooner in 2006.

Being one of the 'senior' DeLorean owners, certainly in terms of age, i'm afraid that I find it now all too common that friends and acquaintances are becoming ill and popping off all around me.

I keep thinking of that old adage ….get the most out of each day….because one day it will be your last……and the wisest of us knows not when that will be.

I take that as a positive …not a negative. So Chin up folk…try and 'live the dream'…..for as long as we possibly can.
Never knew him though seen the name many times, my condolences to his nearest & dearest.

As Chris P says, you really never know what is round the corner. 16 months ago I was diagnosed with AML (Leukaemia). Hence doing something crazy like buying a Delorean!!
Nothing can prepare you for the moment they sit you down and tell you the news. I still clearly remember thinking why is the Doctor telling the nurse she has cancer? It can't be me!
On Friday its 13months since the end of my Chemo treatment for AML.

If anyone finds themselves similarly shocked and scared, I'm always happy to talk.
Pages: 1 2 3