Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sandwich Plate & Sump Wanted
i loved playing elite aswel
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Oh yes i remember Elite...was that not the program that used the Lenslock to stop you just making a copy of the tape...

When the game had loaded up it showed some kind of shape on the screen and when you looked the the lenslock it deciphered it into some letters to allow you to play the game....worked well unless you had a multiface one of the speccy Wink Anyone still awake back there Big Grin

Any one remember Skool Daze ...fantastic game Big Grin...
Chris Spratt

Ex owner of Vin#16327 Grey 5 Speed was FLE 371Y
1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
Yeah the Speccy version did use Lenslock... The C64 (and Amiga) one just had a simple password system using the game's manual thankfully.

No, we are not re-introducing Lenslock for Elite 4!
Simon Brewer,
DOC Member #517
VIN #4748
I loved playing Frontier-Elite II the whole folded space when hyperspacing was great.

Your doing Elite 4 !!!! when is it coming out and will there be a Mac Version ???
I had A Multiface III for my Amstrad CPC 6128. Romantic Robot If I recall correctly.

Action Replay by Datel on the Amiga was a great hacking tool too. Got infinite lives in many games with it Big Grin
Oh the multiface one was a great little tool, you could freeze the program, peek and poke various memory registers for infinite lives ect and also dump the whole contents of memory back out to tape after you had got past the pesky bad guy (or copy protection Big Grin )

Anyway who remember Skool Daze!!! Wink now that was a game ...time to get out the speccy emulator i think Big Grin
Chris Spratt

1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
Am i on my own here..did no one else enjoy Skool Daze Big Grin

[Image: skooldaze.gif]
[Image: sftwre3.gif]
Chris Spratt

1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
Your showing your age there chris :lol: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Daniel Shane Wrote:I loved playing Frontier-Elite II the whole folded space when hyperspacing was great.

Your doing Elite 4 !!!! when is it coming out and will there be a Mac Version ???

Me too... I waited soooo long to get my hands on Elite II and then played its for days on end.

Sorry, I'm under NDA about Elite 4. There is information around on the web if you look though.
Simon Brewer,
DOC Member #517
VIN #4748
Just to keep this topic on track, does anyone want an atari 65XE

[Image: DSCF0031.JPG]

its complete and includes what you can see along with the original ten games that came with it, all packaged up and in the box! Will trade for a day out in a Delorean Big Grin

And this is one of many i have to get rid of, i've even got one of VERY few sanyo MSX MPC-100, an Amstrad PCW with multiple working printers, TS80 with remote disc drive, and then there are the Beebs at one point i had a total of 17 BBC-B's and BBC-Masters, im now down to two of each with a 30" screen and all kinds of extras, a spectrum, c64, various others that should be in museums!
wowzers, some real timewarp stuff there mate!!!

I flogged the Speccy's I needed to rehome on Ebay, got pretty much what I wanted for em and even made a profit on couple Big Grin

If I remember rightly, the Spectrum 48K + (the one with the 'proper' keyboard) went to a collector in Italy - so I threw in a UK/Euro plug adaptor so that he could use it Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
all this talk is wanting me to go back to the 80's ...life was so much simpler then Smile Smile
if only we had a time machine Big Grin
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Chris Hawes Wrote:if only we had a time machine Big Grin

Yeah then i could turn round to my missus and say, i dont fancy that drink cos all your gonna do is moan in 19 yrs :lol: :lol:
TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Smile Smile Smile