Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sandwich Plate & Sump Wanted
Hi, I have 'finally' sourced the required parts to build a higher spec engine that I have been wanting to do for some time. But still require a DeLorean sandwich plate and sump to assemble it all rather than waiting until I pull the old engine out. So a couple of questions 1; does any one have either of these they are willing to sell or loan until I can return the ones that are attached to my old engine. (still in use in the car) 2; Do you need to use the delorean oil pick up and pipe and the internal baffle plate? If yes any one have these also?
Thanks in advance, If its easier please PM me.
Cheers, Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Hi Chris,

You dont need to use the Delorean Oil pickup and baffle plate, however the Delorean Sump is deeper than most of the other PRV's so the Delorean has spacers under the pickup to drop it down.

I might have some of the spacers I'll look.

DMCH have the Sandwich/Crankcase plate for sale. It's $328.13, goto http://tinyurl.com/3bdtkx

Dan
Daniel Shane Wrote:however the Delorean Sump is deeper than most of the other PRV's

Dan

Any idea why that is ?
Dont really know. It's the same depth as the Alpine GTA and I think they too use the spacers.

Maybe something to to with making sure there is enough oil in there for high speed cornering as with the spacers the pickup is right at the bottom of the sump deep in oil. However I destroyed an engine when I took my D around the Nürburgring track as all the oil went to the top of the engine due to the high speed cornering and starved the main bearings of oil Shock

Dan
High speed cornering... something i have yet to try Smile Smile

Sounds very plausable to me.

great avatar by the way Smile
Seeing Atari like that makes me realise that some of us on here are now of a 'certain age' Big Grin

I am feeling all nostalgic now :oops:

I bet some of the young ones have heard of the 'old skool' consoles and computers but never had the 'fun' of using one...

ah the days! Tongue
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Chris Hawes Wrote:Seeing Atari like that makes me realise that some of us on here are now of a 'certain age' Big Grin

I am feeling all nostalgic now :oops:

I bet some of the young ones have heard of the 'old skool' consoles and computers but never had the 'fun' of using one...

ah the days! Tongue

True! :lol:
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
actually i had one, it was my first ever gaming machine, then went with an amiga, and from there to a ps1 and so on, i still remember it tho
DOC 527
Vin #10264
I Still have my Atari 2600, ZX Spectrum 48 K, Apple Mac SE30 & my beloved Amiga 4000. They all still work too Big Grin

Now that is sad :lol:
hi

not trying to name drop...but i went to the computer show in olympia around 81-82 and saw clive sinclair there launching gis new machine...the 16k spectrum (48k and microdrive at a later date0

aslo went to the show with the launch of the Vectrex.

had a 2600, dreamt of an Atari 800 (heard of Zaxxon?), bought a vic 20 (met Jeff minter), then an Atari 800xl later (still have it)

a mate had a zx80 and i've been trying to get one but serious money now.

also drove a sinclair C5 up paignton front a few times

Sorry off topic! but bring back the 80's and the Delorean production line
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
still got my ZX spectrum 48k too plus my intellivison with Zaxon and football cart (comeplete with inlays ).. and all working Smile
Chris Spratt

Ex owner of Vin#16327 Grey 5 Speed was FLE 371Y
1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
wow intellivision....that was posh in those days of wooden Atari 2600.

used to play it in dixons....zaxxon was amazing for then.

another rare one i wanted was the colecovision....as it had donkeykong.

do you remember the phillips video disc game with LP size discs(the first arcade version had dragons lair!)

Those were the days

sorry mods still of topic.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Phill said he's still got a few things lurking around Shock - Atari 800 (original) with 48k ram, disc drive, 2 tape drives and loads of extra peripherals, dozens of cartridges, hundreds of games on floppy disc and cassette plus....... a pair of 800XL's, 2 Atari ST's (with disc drives and loads of games), a Speccy, Sinclair QL, loads of still sealed in original packets Atari games (for the 2600) - and god only knows what else!! He said he has a 'scary loft'....... :lol: Anyone got a Jupiter Ace?

I did collect a load of Speccy's and associated stuff a few years ago, and had a ZX81, Spectrum +, Spectrum +2 (James Bond Special Edition) in black and a mint +2 in Grey. I also had an original printer for the Speccy including spare rolls of paper and a microdrive. I sold the lot on ebay, but kept my original rubber key 48k (bought new in Woolworths in 1982 for £129) and all the games (plus external cassette player, complete with tippex marking the exact place for the volume so that the games will load). It still works a treat, and occasionally I'll rig it all up to have a fix of Atic Atac Big Grin

I've also still got at my mums a Binatone games console with light gun which I think was my Xmas pressy in about 1979....... oh dear, really showing my age now!! lol :lol:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Ooooh those were the days... loading stuff up from tape on the C64, never being 100% certain that it would load first time and that, if it failed, you would have to wait another 10 minutes for it to load again!

I used to while away the time playing the wireframe space sim Elite!

I still have all my C64 stuff, including the add-on floppy disk drive (real floppy disks!) as well as lots of Amiga bits and bobs. I ended up with 4 of them in the end, including an A4000 which I re-cased and expanded as I moved into 3D graphics. Still works a treat today, even if it is 15 years old.

I now work with David Braben, creator of Elite :-)
Simon Brewer,
DOC Member #517
VIN #4748
frostrobo Wrote:I now work with David Braben, creator of Elite :-)

WOW my all time fav game!!!