Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just put a deposit down on a DeLorean
88mph Wrote:
marty Wrote:Might have time to wrap it as well Tongue
Wife still doesn't know I've bought one. Big bow and her name on it is an idea!!! Tongue
Smile Buy a dmc key blank as a christmas present for her? http://www.delorean.eu/catalog/product_ ... t6ivuhk104
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
Yes the card was sent out from Dunmurry in about 1980. There are other versions of it…one with big red bow!! But I can't put my hands on it.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
88mph Wrote:Wife still doesn't know I've bought one. Big bow and her name on it is an idea!!! Tongue

You've got to be kidding right?

From a woman's point of view, she will see right through that gesture and know it's really a present for yourself, just candy coated to cushion the blow of being completely selfish and spoiling yourself right before Christmas!

Good on you fella, I'd have done the same!

Ps Have you got a plan B for Christmas dinner in case you are living in a delorean at the docks?

Lol
:lol:

Bet you are excited though!

Mr P
These must be the longest days of your life. Congratulations, From everything I have seen, Tony is a detail oriented person and has cars in nothing other than top condition. His service area looks cleaner than a hospital.

My wife didn't know about my purchase until afterward either. It was one of those too good not to pass deals and I had to pull the trigger. I was too excited not to tell her soon after I made the deal though, I don't know how ypu are keeping it a secret. I was printing pictures out to show family and everyone at work like a daddy with pics of his kids.
Its worse than that, she wanted a RangeRover, that we now can't afford!!
She keeps looking on ebay....... "How about this one?"........ "Errrrrr no, don't like the colour!"......."Oh, its too far away......" :lol:
Am I in trouble? Anyone want to buy a Delorean with sea-spray? :lol:
OK, the whole wife is looking for a Rover aspect changes a few things. Yes, you are most definitely in trouble. Step back and look at this. The wife is searching for a Range Rover. She knows that you know she wants one, It's 3 weeks till Christmas, and on Christmas eve you are going to excuse yourself to go down to the docks to pick something up. Around 7 or 8pm Christmas Eve, you will come back home... "Honey, I have something in the driveway to show you!"

You have to understand when a woman looks at a Delorean, she doesn't see it in the same way a man does. To her it's not this sleek, angular, drop dead gorgeous design that embodied everything that was good and pure from a decade long gone. To her it's not pretty at all. At best it's striking. In the same way Lady Ga Ga in a meat suit is striking. Sure you look but you wince at the same time.

You cover her eyes and lead her out the door. She is busting with excitement thinking to herself "I have married the best man in the whole world. I'm such a lucky woman! This man went out and bought me a Range Ro..........WHAT THE F $#K IS THAT!!! "

Another Christmas miracle brought to you by DMC.
Ouch.... !

I think someone is going to be in the doghouse...

If you are going to land a five figured investment on her like that, you should have bought her the range rover first... Then there would be no reason for a disagreement in your choice of automobile...

In a woman's eyes ( in a sense of practicality ) a big boys toy isn't going to cut the mustard...

Lol I'm sorry, I'm making things worse... I just know the reaction I'd get and I'm not in the least bit envious.

I bought my delorean before I met my other half, fortunately!

:-)
:lol: :lol: :lol: very funny Michael.

Karl, just divorce her, life's much easier.

Instead of "why do we need 2 cars" I can now have 11 of em, and silence is golden :wink:
VIN 4532

DOC-574
I hear you, but I have a cunning plan.............

I go in for 3rd round of chemo on Monday. "I'm being so brave..... Got to get through this...... Keep strong, love you babe...... By the way I've just bought a Delorean" :lol:
Even she won't hit a guy in a hospital bed with drips and wires hanging out of him........ I hope! :lol: :lol: :lol:
88mph Wrote:Even she won't hit a guy in a hospital bed with drips and wires hanging out of him........ I hope! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Depends how angry she is buddy but look on the bright side...

Al least you will be in the right place if she does kick off!

Jokes aside, I really hope all goes ok! And Range Rovers ain't all that anyway... A glorified Fiat Panda 4x4 with funny headlights and an enthusiastic price tag...

:-)
I think Darren's solution is a bit drastic and potentially very expensive!

I went down the 'forgot to mention it' route with vin 522. Had a few tricky conversations after that. :oops:

This time, when my 'need became apparent' to acquire Pilot 20, I booked a nice cruise for both of us….that seemed to smooth the water…so to speak.

Its true that most women (Claire excluded) don't seem to fully understand this manly urge to keep acquiring new cars.. Shock
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
An opportune time for some sexist jokes I feel:

How do you know when a woman is about to say something smart? When she starts her sentence with, "A man once told me..."

For all the guys who think a woman's place is in the kitchen, remember that's where the knives are kept.

How are women and tornadoes alike? They both moan like hell when they come, and take the house when they leave.

How do you fix a woman's watch? You don't. There is a clock on the oven.

A man is being arrested by a female police officer, who informs him, "Anything you say can and will be held against you." The man replies, "Boobs" (My favorite)
Still Mid-Atlantic. Looks as if its headed further south to avoid some of this shocking weather. Hope its all tied down well!! :lol:

Darren, Did the Porsche turn up in the condition you expected? I could see your old ship if I could get out of this hospital. Its anchored off Torquay to ride out the storm.
Hi Karl,

Oh yes, I picked it up this afternoon and yes its better than I'd anticipated. Sitting here now taking a break from reading all the history and receipts that came with it Big Grin
I just love 1 owner cars, just read the original order and collection paperwork when it was brand new. Shock

Not long now before it's your turn.

Incidentally the guy's at the dock said he seen 10 Deloreans come in this year, the most he'd ever seen in a year for over 10 years.....I told him to make it 11 week after next :wink:

Fun aside, I do hope things are going ok on the health front?
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Quote:Incidentally the guy's at the dock said he seen 10 Deloreans come in this year, the most he'd ever seen in a year for over 10 years.....I told him to make it 11 week after next :wink:

Fun aside, I do hope things are going ok on the health front?
I think it's nearer 20 for the UK this year, going on the import paperwork I have done + the odd one or two others.
And yes fingers crossed for the chemo (and telling the wife about the car Shock )
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584