The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Just put a deposit down on a DeLorean
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hi all,

I have just put a deposit down a 1981 DeLorean with DMC Florida (Ken Baker and Tony). I am not sure when it lands here but I guess 6 weeks or so.
I am not sure what made me seek out this car really - I was watching Back to the Future a few weeks ago with my 5 year old and bang I was hooked (again), the difference this time was that I would afford one!

I want the car to look fairly stock but I have added the Eibach lowering kit and a stage 2 engine on a 5 speed. I think the extra power does it justice and the lowering kit makes it look like it should have done in the first place (and all the prototype videos), of course that is just my personal opinion :wink:

I really look forward to coming to one your events in the future.

With best regards and I'll see you in the "Future" (I couldn't help it, so sorry)

Marty
One thing I am not too sure about is the headlights.
Do I need to install 4 new headlight units, or 2 new headlight units which dip to the left, or do you just set the lights up differently?
I guess I need to add a fog light also?

:?:
Hi Marty.
It will be just the directional beam headlights. Look at me all new & giving advice!! :lol: ( Old VW man so know this.)
Any pics?
That's great news another one coming home! Big Grin
Quote:Do I need to install 4 new headlight units, or 2 new headlight units which dip to the left, or do you just set the lights up differently?
I guess I need to add a fog light also?
Just the 'outer' headlights are required to be changed for UK spec. They need to have a sidelight function and can be bought either through the club shop or through DaveH. The wiring needs to be altered slightly for the bulbs to work correctly. Yes you need to add a foglight or better still modify the existing rear lights to incorporate one, all the info I can provide when needed.
Chris
Oh I see, that makes it a bit cheaper then, thanks 88mph.

Are these the puppies that I need Chris? http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delorean-headlamps/

I will no doubt need to be shown how to change the wiring on the headlights.
I want to keep the lights at the back looking "stock" so adding a foglight to that is really important to me.
I will be in touch the next few weeks to badger you if you don't mind, shall I contact you via the Forum or Phone?

With kindest regards
Quote:I will be in touch the next few weeks to badger you if you don't mind, shall I contact you via the Forum or Phone?
Whatevers easiest for you! usually easier to talk, a lot quicker than tapping on a keyboard!
Chris
88mph Wrote:Hi Marty.
It will be just the directional beam headlights. Look at me all new & giving advice!! :lol: ( Old VW man so know this.)
Any pics?

No pics yet as the front and rear fascia are in the body shop being re-finished. I will upload them when i get them (soon I hope).
Chris Williams Wrote:
Quote:I will be in touch the next few weeks to badger you if you don't mind, shall I contact you via the Forum or Phone?
Whatevers easiest for you! usually easier to talk, a lot quicker than tapping on a keyboard!
Chris

Brilliant, thanks. Phone it is.
hey Marty, congrats on the purchase, look forward to seeing some pics of it when you get some.
Guinney1971 Wrote:hey Marty, congrats on the purchase, look forward to seeing some pics of it when you get some.

Thanks, I am awaiting some pics in the next few days.
Hi, I got a picture of the car. It is yet to be lowered and cleaned.

Smile
We'll done Marty , nice looking car
Six wks till it lands, it will be a long wait.
Picked mine up yesterday first time I've seen it , got it from dmc Midwest
Nigel
Nhj23 Wrote:We'll done Marty , nice looking car
Six wks till it lands, it will be a long wait.
Picked mine up yesterday first time I've seen it , got it from dmc Midwest
Nigel
How have you found the shipping and all that jazz? Is it UK legal yet or do you have to do the lights and things?
Who did you use for shipping and what did it cost you if you don't mind me asking (the shipping not the car)?
Cheers
Congratulation on your purchase.
Looks like it is in great shape.
Even better when it will be lowered I guess.
What's your VIN number?
Quote:Who did you use for shipping and what did it cost you if you don't mind me asking (the shipping not the car)?
Not sure who Nigel has used but Will Pocock @Trans Glaobal Logistics (TGAL) are very well thought of and will deal direct with me for the paperwork and do this for you.
Chris
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8