Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean Stolen in the North West
oh my goodness, this is awful, lets hope the insurance company are in a position to
recover suitable losses, so sad that this has left Dave feeling the way he does, we
were only talking to him about this on Saturday in Sheffield and he said about the
amount of parts he'd supplied for the car.

TBH, I'm surprised the car wasnt set on fire, thats how most stolen cars end up, rather
then being vandalised, and like you say Chris, ironic how its all the stuff that Dave
supplied that has been damaged.

Lets hope this has a happy outcome for all concerned.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Quote:TBH, I'm surprised the car wasnt set on fire, thats how most stolen cars end up, rather
then being vandalised,
Yes, so am I, other than (from what Dave tells me) the bonnet being stolen, the rest is just vandalised. I guess for whoever stole it reality set in and they dumped it pretty quick. Even a Delorean on a truck/trailer will be an attention grabber, people would have been taking pictures non stop if they noticed it going down the road it's just to obvious to not be noticed.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Glad to hear the car has turned up, such a shame they had to damage parts of the car at the same time.

I hope the Police are able to catch the culprits soon, as Chris said if the Delorean was on the back of a trailer there is a good chance people photographed it. There may be a registration number of the vehicle used to transport the car in some of those photos which the Police can use to track the perpetrators down.
The DeLorean DMC-12 - MADE IN BELFAST, MADE TO LAST
I heard over the weekend that it was also minus its wheels when it was found....
Guinney1971 Wrote:I heard over the weekend that it was also minus its wheels when it was found....

that would make sense, when i was looking for a replacement one, i saw that these come up on a few car tune up sites every now and again.
of all the bits you could hope to shift without raising too many eyebrows the wheels would probably be the easiest
Simon Wood
DOC 748
VIN #11766
With modern mobile phones, I wouldn't be surprised for a video to show up later with these joyriders, even a clip showing them damaging the car acting like a hero.

Hope it all gets fixed up soon. Sad
VIN:01955
==========================
Simon
mebbe time to search You Tube...........
I was speaking to my Mrs last night about this and she was shocked. She found so many people out there that respected the Delorean and could not imagine how a minority would have the balls to inflict damage to an iconic, classic car.

I told her that they were either dropped when they were babies, or just mentally unstable and had no respect for anything/anyone out there.

I will troll and see if I come across anything. Shame that you can't search through FB, my money there is something on there regarding this vandalisim.
Simon
you're probably right Simon, be interesting to see if you find owt whilst trawling about the t'internet ....
andyd Wrote:
RobScott Wrote:reading the guy's thread,

He's basically saying he's ringing a car.... legally you cant just transfer a vin plate to a differnt car... It would have to be registered as a new vehicle.

Rob,

I don't think thats really the case. Technically (as I read it), its a rebuild of 2311, ie a replacement chassis. You can do that, if its a new, unstamped, replacement chassis from the factory (IIRC, this came from Dave H, so as good as we can get in 2013). It is not taking another vehicles identity, it is just using up a new chassis which has never previosuly been used or registered.

So I dont think this would need it to be re-registered. It would just need to be (UK) registered.

Hopefully Mike gets his motor back tho. It will be very hard to shift, even as parts, for the thief.

a

he said replacement chassis and tub... which technicly makes it a ringer

for some reason i think this stolen delorean seems a bit dodgey, i dunno why, i just get that feeling...
RobScott Wrote:he said replacement chassis and tub... which technicly makes it a ringer

for some reason i think this stolen delorean seems a bit dodgey, i dunno why, i just get that feeling...

Insurance jobbie?
Simon
thats what i'm thinking
No doubt there are many theories flying round about this car and its theft, but its down to the insurance company to proceed
how they see fit at the end of the day........
If it was off the road, chances are it wasn't insured anyway............. 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
it is insured with Haggerty's.