Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heater matrix needed
The heater matrix decided to give out on the way back from a car meet yesterday, anyone got a spare for sale?
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Unlikely - not a common failure.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Dave Howarth might have one otherwise one of the vendors.
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Hi... I have my old one out and a new one on its way.... you are welcome to the old one and get it recored.... John Hervey did a good package consisting of brass core, evaporator, a/c accumulator and everything needed to do the job... orifice tubes seals tape etc... 270 usd i believe....

Cheers.
Thanks MrP, I'll pm you about postage etc- incidentally, I had this heater matrix repaired around 5 years ago due to a crack in one of the pipes and had it recored at the same time, but it'll have to wait for the post mortem when I take it out to see what the fail point was.
Very surprising to be driving along normally (60 mph) and have the screen mist up and the lovely smell of anti-freeze invade the cab-lifting the carpet on the passenger side revealed very damp sound proofing, but I only lost about a pint of coolant .
I may do a step by step heater matrix removal guide, just in case it happens to anyone else-uncommon as it may be!
Right, tools out.............. :lol:
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
that would be good if you did do a 'step by step' Brian, be excellent for the Club Mag Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Ok Claire, I'll be removing the existing one this weekend, so I'll be documenting and taking pics as I go, it's not that difficult taking the heater out, just removing bits and pieces including the passenger seat to give a bit more clearance-thank goodness it's not a complicated car! :lol: