The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Heater matrix needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The heater matrix decided to give out on the way back from a car meet yesterday, anyone got a spare for sale?
Unlikely - not a common failure.
Dave Howarth might have one otherwise one of the vendors.
Hi... I have my old one out and a new one on its way.... you are welcome to the old one and get it recored.... John Hervey did a good package consisting of brass core, evaporator, a/c accumulator and everything needed to do the job... orifice tubes seals tape etc... 270 usd i believe....

Cheers.
Thanks MrP, I'll pm you about postage etc- incidentally, I had this heater matrix repaired around 5 years ago due to a crack in one of the pipes and had it recored at the same time, but it'll have to wait for the post mortem when I take it out to see what the fail point was.
Very surprising to be driving along normally (60 mph) and have the screen mist up and the lovely smell of anti-freeze invade the cab-lifting the carpet on the passenger side revealed very damp sound proofing, but I only lost about a pint of coolant .
I may do a step by step heater matrix removal guide, just in case it happens to anyone else-uncommon as it may be!
Right, tools out.............. :lol:
that would be good if you did do a 'step by step' Brian, be excellent for the Club Mag Smile
Ok Claire, I'll be removing the existing one this weekend, so I'll be documenting and taking pics as I go, it's not that difficult taking the heater out, just removing bits and pieces including the passenger seat to give a bit more clearance-thank goodness it's not a complicated car! :lol: