Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petition against Road Pricing
No government in it's right mind is going to improve the public transport system to a point where it's a viable alternative to the car.

They make far to much TAX out of cars to do that. Realistically they're not to bothered about congestion either - whilever you're sitting in a traffic jam you are burning fuel, and making them even more money.

As Claire said, we don't sit in traffic jams for the fun of it, and I don't know many folks who can pick and choose what time they go to work. If the office starts at 9AM and closes at 5PM, then thats when you have to go to work.

Once again the government is treating the symptoms, and once again it will be the over-taxed taxpayer footing the bill for yet another crackpot scheme.
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
well said mate!!!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

thats why Gordon Brown wont decrease/scrap the duty on eco friendly fuels like LPG and Bio-Diesel (like they do in most of Europe) because he'll lose too much tax from us car drivers when he realises that we can run our cars more cheaply and greenly and pay less in tax. Tongue
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
i agree with steve i fit trackers for the police foruce and on other company some trackers are good but most of them on the market are not worth evan getting out the box to install