Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steering column lock assy
Top man-for future reference (pardon the pun),what Austin Rover car is this off? Can you just change the barrel over by turning the key to'1' on the ignition switch and pressing the retaining pin in to remove it-might save removing the whole lock assembly? 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
thats great news btouring, well done on getting this all sorted Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I was just about to perminently fit my new steering lock, when Dave Howarth turned up with an origanal DeLorean one, complete with DeLorean key. So I have fitted that instead.
I did trial fit the Rover one and confirm it does fit and will do the job.It is now surplus to requirements and if someone "needs" it, please let me know, at cost price, it stands me at £30 so far, plus postage if required. I'd prefer it to go to someone who will actually use it, rather than sell it on at a profit.

Two things I have worth noting. Dave told me how to remove the old snap off bolts, drill a pilot hole and hammer in a torque? bit and simply unscrew...they are not usually too tight. It worked a treat, in fact I have re-used the bolts.

Secondly, dave pointed out that I did not mearly need two door locks, but also a key for the petrol cap. Which he said can be a right Bu**er to get off......so what do you think? I tried all the keys I had in stock...no good....tried the new ignition key Dave supplied and it WORKED!! How lucky is that!!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
that is indeed rather jammie Chris! lol

How is Dave these days, is he feeling any better?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Much better than he was 18 months ago, but still feeling pretty exhausted after taking all of the light boxes and exploder-view wall over to Euro-fest. ...and of course bringing them back again.

I also bought a new front facisa off him.....well swoped it actualy, for a load of other De spares. He has a couple more, but they, like mine are a little scuffed and if you were rearly being picky..need re-painting. (i'm not bothering) It would seem that facia's are now getting almost impossible to get hold of.

May be worth contacting Dave for one of these as a spare????
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
now changing the pins and connector.
I found a year ago a post on dmctalk, but i dont find it anymore.
Somebody can pass me a link?
disregard, i just changed the whole SD1 ignition switch and put the original one on.
The keys in the Ebay link that you posted are exaclty the same as my Allegro ones... Barrel looks similar too...

And I have a Metro lock assembly on one of the four positions on mine, I also have stash of Metro lock mechanisms s available if needs be... - Not the lock barrels, just the mech.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126