Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
shipping an engine from the states.
Hi, I have the opportunity to ship the original engine of my Delorean, from the states. Its a long story why it isnt in the d now, but the owner is giving me the engine as long as i pay for the shipping. how do i go about finding someone to ship it over here? need help. please.
Speak to FedEx probably best option
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
Where is the engine located?

You would need to get the owner to have it properly mountd on a pallet and then get it weighed. As suggested above try FedEx, but also UPS and DHL.

Don't forget that it will need to be unloaded by a forklift, so don't ship it to your house :roll:
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
stu3954 Wrote:Hi, I have the opportunity to ship the original engine of my Delorean, from the states. Its a long story why it isnt in the d now, but the owner is giving me the engine as long as i pay for the shipping. how do i go about finding someone to ship it over here? need help. please.
What bit do you want?? all of it or just some parts. That may be a cheaper option.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
or if anyone is importing a car from the states see if you can join them for a small fee? just a thought
Just an update on the engine. It was being stored in a barn, at the owners property. I got an email from him saying, the barns had burnt down, even gave me a link to the local news station in the states. so looks like my engine is a melted lump of aluminium!! My car seems a bit doomed like that!
stu3954 Wrote:Just an update on the engine. It was being stored in a barn, at the owners property. I got an email from him saying, the barns had burnt down, even gave me a link to the local news station in the states. so looks like my engine is a melted lump of aluminium!! My car seems a bit doomed like that!
:roll: :roll: Sorry to hear that.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
THANKS, IM WAITING TO HEAR FROM HIM IF ITS STILL IN ONE PIECE! I CANT SEE IT SOMEHOW.