The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: shipping an engine from the states.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have the opportunity to ship the original engine of my Delorean, from the states. Its a long story why it isnt in the d now, but the owner is giving me the engine as long as i pay for the shipping. how do i go about finding someone to ship it over here? need help. please.
Speak to FedEx probably best option
Where is the engine located?

You would need to get the owner to have it properly mountd on a pallet and then get it weighed. As suggested above try FedEx, but also UPS and DHL.

Don't forget that it will need to be unloaded by a forklift, so don't ship it to your house :roll:
stu3954 Wrote:Hi, I have the opportunity to ship the original engine of my Delorean, from the states. Its a long story why it isnt in the d now, but the owner is giving me the engine as long as i pay for the shipping. how do i go about finding someone to ship it over here? need help. please.
What bit do you want?? all of it or just some parts. That may be a cheaper option.
Chris
or if anyone is importing a car from the states see if you can join them for a small fee? just a thought
Just an update on the engine. It was being stored in a barn, at the owners property. I got an email from him saying, the barns had burnt down, even gave me a link to the local news station in the states. so looks like my engine is a melted lump of aluminium!! My car seems a bit doomed like that!
stu3954 Wrote:Just an update on the engine. It was being stored in a barn, at the owners property. I got an email from him saying, the barns had burnt down, even gave me a link to the local news station in the states. so looks like my engine is a melted lump of aluminium!! My car seems a bit doomed like that!
:roll: :roll: Sorry to hear that.
Chris
THANKS, IM WAITING TO HEAR FROM HIM IF ITS STILL IN ONE PIECE! I CANT SEE IT SOMEHOW.