Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am so pleased with TomTom!!!
so basically, dont break speed limits in Europe - and by the sound of it, the Police's attitude is that if you have a radar detector/camera detector, you are showing 'intention to speed' - and are therefore just as guilty as if you had actually been speeding?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
janvdwouw Wrote:I'm also sorry to say the Gatso was invented
by a Dutch ex-policeman; mr Gatsonides :?

I bet he is just as popular as our local traffic warden Smile
Jan and Ed watch out :0

http://www.pistonheads.com/speed/defaul ... ryId=15817
Chris Spratt

Ex owner of Vin#16327 Grey 5 Speed was FLE 371Y
1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
janvdwouw Wrote:I've had my drivinglicence
for 12 years now and I only just yesterday recieved my tenth ticket EVER...

10th :o ...So far Ive been driving 17 yrs, no comments from the youngsters round here pls :wink: , and only had 1 and that was after having my licence for 6 months Smile £30 Fine and 3 points..now I had better watch out now Ive said that :roll:
Chris Spratt

Ex owner of Vin#16327 Grey 5 Speed was FLE 371Y
1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
I've had 2 in 18 years, so considering the hundreds of thousands of miles I've done in that time, not too bad I spose........

The first one was a nightmare though, I'd only passed my test about 8 months previously, and me and some friends were going to see a band in Stevenage. The Police (who appeared out of no where from the opposite direction to that I was travelling in), pulled me over with all the blue and two's going, and accused me of doing 65mph in a 40mph limit.

I pointed out I was in an asthmatic 13 year old Mini 850, we were 4 up, and we were pulling away from a roundabout, so there was no way I could have been doing what they accused me of.

B***ards still did me - £28 and 3 points. :x My mate even leant me 10p so I could phone my mum and tell her what had happened!

Out of the 2 coppers though, one was particularly abusive and was 'effing and blinding' at me and my passengers - I was only 18 and pretty scared as I'm sure you can imagine. Then, when I saw a mate of mine who was dating a copper, and told her, she said "oh yeah, he's renowned for it, he loves laying into car drivers, especially the youngsters!"

Some time later I found out he had been 'transferred'.......
janvdwouw Wrote:We're going a bit off-topic now, but I think 10 tickets in 12 years isn't taht bad.
A friend of mine once managed to do 8 in one month and a total of 19 in that year :?

you must have a different system to us in the UK - over here, for each speeding offence you get a minimum of 3 penalty points - once you get to 12 points, you lose your licence. I think also, its now tougher on new drivers, and if they get 6 points within the first 2 years of passing their tests, they lose their licence and then have to take the driving test again.
If you are caught doing double the speed limit, its an instant ban too (unless you've got a good lawyer).

Cheers,
yea, my mate lost his licence because he was within that 2 year period, got caught twice for speeding.

Im still on 0 points and hopefully itll stay that way (touch wood)
DOC 527
Vin #10264
just bringing an old topic back for my useless postTongue

tommorow i should be all sat nav'd up, bought myself a tomtom, Granted i dont really have nowhere to go and use it just yet but still, i thought handy for when i get me D and goto car shows, plus my parents are gonna pay for half at crimbo anyways. ker-ching.
DOC 527
Vin #10264