Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Club Spares suggestions.
Dan1986 Wrote:I'm going to see about getting a long speedo cable made up that bypasses the lambda counter. I could see how much they'd want for 5 or 10 of them perhaps...?

I have a John Hervey single piece cable in mine at the moment but his are what he makes up and are a bit 'homemade' looking.

Any joy with this Dan?

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Yes I had the cable made the other week. It works perfectly. Straight from the angle drive up to the speedo so hopefully that will help the angledrive last a bit longer! I only had one made up as no one else was interested. They are 23 quid including delivery, and available quickly so not a part worth the club keeping in stock. Its certainly nice to have a working speedo in the delorean Big Grin
VIN: 6511
working speedo - thats been a figment of my car's imagination for many years.....

My car has a particular fondness for eating angle drives :roll:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Thats a result then, Dan perhaps you could put the details into the appropriate spares part of the forum??
Claire have you or anyone else in the club tried the new 'improved' DMCH angle drives?? There not bad money, I could always get one from Ed if you want?

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
new and improved DMCH angle drives!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Flopsy's eaten two of those already!!
I've got one in mine, done about 600 miles on it so far so good.
VIN: 6511
600 miles!! must be a record!! lol

I think Bozzy had one that went snap as he reversed out of his garage having not
long been fitted.