Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Club Spares suggestions.
Please keep this posting for spares suggestions only. To look into the possibility of a the club holding some spares. Please keep this as spares ideas only. No off topic or politics please. So far we have;
Water Pump - with correct pulley
Alternator
Auto Gearbox computer
RPM relay
Starter Motor
Radiator
Blower motor
Angle Drive.. Special T auto
Headlight Switch... New ones (but without the auto switch off and die feature ...)
Fuel pump
Windscreen
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Front hub with bearing already pressed in. [took me 6 weeks !]
Fuel computer
Idle computer
Idle speed control valve [although I used a brass gate water valve with a bit of 15mm copper pipe temporarily !]
Ignition Amplifier
Brake Discs?
Fusebox?
Headlamps (cars driving on the left of the road)?

NickT
If we stick with the "car wont drive without" then we cant be far off the list required.
A Van Wrote:If we stick with the "car wont drive without" then we cant be far off the list required.

Er... petrol TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Tourettes Tony Wrote:
A Van Wrote:If we stick with the "car wont drive without" then we cant be far off the list required.

Er... petrol TT

lol, I dont think my landlord would be too chuffed if he found a BP tanker parked on the
drive along with all the other cars we've got!! :lol:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
OK, I have been checking a few things out;
Windscreens Email from Uroglas below
Hi Chris,
Sorry for the delay in responding, however can I now offer the information as follows:
Yes, we do generally keep the DeLorean windscreens in stock, so delivery time can be as little as
2-3 days if urgent, and dependent upon delivery address.
UK delivery charges are £65.00+vat / boxed-foam filled/ 48/72 hr service.

Alternatively the windscreens can be collected from our warehouse in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire
We are also able to ship these parts overseas, with freight charged at ‘cost price’ only, but an
additional charge of £30 (+vat if applicable) is made for the box carton, insets and ‘foam-fill’ to support transportation.

Our current prices are as shown below.

Ref: URO3446BZBZ @ £236.00+vat / Windscreen: BRONZE/BRONZE only

Ref: URO5172BZBZA @ £ 276.00+vat / Windscreen: BRONZE/BRONZE + Antenna !.

If you require any further information, please feel free to contact me again, either by phone

as below, or email sm@uroglas.com

Kind regards,

Sean McCreedy

UROGLAS

Bromsgrove B60 3DX

England

Tel: +44 (0)1527 557 442

Fax:+44 (0)1527 557 443

So dont think this is worth following as there available in the UK next day. Dave H did have them made up himself however they cost more than above. (£400 each I think)

Brake bits
All Discs are available either through Unipart or Powerstop brakes, next day delivery. I can get them no cheaper than Unipart. All pads are also available through powerstop Normal ones and Green/Red stuff pads.
So again another to cross of the list I think
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Hi Chris

Agreed here.
Yeah no point the club buying parts that we can get easily. Thats useful info about the windscreens though. I have had a couple break on normal cars and just assumed it would be a nightmare to get a delorean one.
VIN: 6511
Dan1986 Wrote:Yeah no point the club buying parts that we can get easily. Thats useful info about the windscreens though. I have had a couple break on normal cars and just assumed it would be a nightmare to get a delorean one.

Mine's got a crack in it Sad so I'm about to go through the process of getting a new one. Will post up info about how it goes.
VIN 7176
DOC 643
I dealt with Uroglass when I needed to change Flopsy's screen, they were brilliant to deal
with and I actually picked the screen up myself in a Laguna, so you dont necessarily need
a large van to collect it.

Glad to hear that they are now doing them with the antennas in too, I know a few people
on here have the early screens with those built in.

I might have a word with our trade parts supplier at work, just to sound out what sort of
money they can do bits and bobs for.

Any thoughts on what to look up? Filters are very cheap, I can get a full service kit for the
Cav and have change out a tenner Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I dont think the club stands to save much my stocking the easily available items, even if bought in bulk the savings would probably be minimal.

I was wondering if we should add a fully refurbed steering rack to the list?
Steering Column Bushing ......! Sad
If you get one buddy I dont mind helping you replace this at EuroTec... Im getting good at doing them now Smile
Hopefully I won't have to take you up on that :wink: It would be nice to get it MOTd this week.......
Quote:Steering Column Bushing ......!

I think would definitely be a part worth stocking over here.