Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delorean buying / tuning advice
Whereabouts are you in Essex Gez?

Maybe we could organise something where you can ride in a stock car or modified, see what you think.
Cheers Alistair, I'm actually in NW London - but I'll be taking the car straight to PJs in Essex when I get it. Wherabouts are you based?
VIN 7176
DOC 643
Well I was in Stansted, now I live in Nazeing..but the car is still at Stansted!, that is until I get a new garage door and empty it out!

My car is off the road probably until late Jan, you can have a drive for sure.
Hi Al,

Why is your car off the road? You having some problems with it? Did you get those parts ok that I left?
VIN: 6511
Hi

I am getting someone who is passing today to pick up the parts for me, cheers.

I have a radiator problem, mode switch issue, blower motor fault.

Prob get the rad flow tested early part of the New Year then decide what to do, might wait until the exhausts are made and fit that too.
A Van Wrote:Well I was in Stansted, now I live in Nazeing..but the car is still at Stansted!, that is until I get a new garage door and empty it out!

My car is off the road probably until late Jan, you can have a drive for sure.

I used to live in Nazeing! and for the last two years keep hearing about another DeLorean locked in a garage that the someone is doing up! Yet to find out exactly where though
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Thanks for the offer of a drive Alistair, would be very much appreciated. I may also tap you up for your shock settings too if that's OK?

My car will end up being kept near Braintree, so Essex might be a bit of a hotbed for Ds!
VIN 7176
DOC 643
'Got one in his garage' ...the amount of times we have heard that!, I did hear of a RHD which appeared to be under conversion that was involved in a house repossesion recently in the Cheshire area I think.

Vin unknown and in very poor condition, I think in the end the owner managed to get it out.

Another in Braintree!, my friend James is also looking to get one in Braintree too....his garage is in Braintree!
A Van Wrote:'Got one in his garage' ...the amount of times we have heard that!

Maybe it's just joe public's way of striking conversation with us DeLorean owners.

Frankly, if all the DeLorean's in "somebody's" garage here in south wales were put together, it would be more than the entire remaining fleet in the USA.

Bullshi**ing Barstools.

Smile
I live in Braintree too :wink:
VIN: 6511
a guy in the Mk3 Astra Club is getting me details about a DeLorean that's at a garage in Exeter which has apparantly been there for years.......
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
That'll be the one in Knowle Garage in Knowle, nr Exeter.

Black auto, Vin 1834 not been driven for around ten years, the garage owner just lets it sit on display, he has no plans to get it running or sell it, as it brings in quite a bit of attention.

There is another non-runner in the Lizard in Cornwall, that again I dont think the owner has any plans to do anything with.
What's the point? Half the fun is driving it!
LOL
A Van Wrote:That'll be the one in Knowle Garage in Knowle, nr Exeter.

Black auto, Vin 1834 not been driven for around ten years, the garage owner just lets it sit on display, he has no plans to get it running or sell it, as it brings in quite a bit of attention.

There is another non-runner in the Lizard in Cornwall, that again I dont think the owner has any plans to do anything with.

I've seen the D in Knowle, parked next to a Lotus Europa i think with a thick layer of dust over it!
I'll be going to Cornwall again soon, is the one in the lizard hidden away, or 'in public view'?
Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
I think your right Stu, the one in the Lizard I think is in someones garage..Chris P knows more about its exact location.

Have you seen the car in the Goldsmiths in Cornwall?

Cheers