Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Norfolk Winter Meet-Up at Caley Hall Hotel -6/7th March 2009
Carl Hammond Wrote:just bringing the little Corsa, but hey, that's how we roll! :lol:
From what I gather, that is the way one rolls in Dereham! :wink: Look forward to seeing you, then whopping yo' ass on Mario Kart
Chris Hawes Wrote:So what's the current situation with who's going?

Are all the cars tucked up for the winter still? Smile

Mines ready and willing but needs a bit of tinkering, still sourcing bits for turbo rebuild ready for june fingers crossed TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
I am doing all I can to bring mine, and at this point in time its 95%.

Al
Thats good Al

looking forward to seeing you and your car there buddy.

Just trying to sort something out so I can get up on the Fri night too....
arranj Wrote:I count 8 +1 in silver. Although I count Gez in that total .......

Best uncount my D from that total, unfortunately Chris N's accident has meant it will still be in bits. I am still coming though!
VIN 7176
DOC 643
right heres the update on my or should i say my de's appearance at the weekend, its failed the MOT initially on 2 bits of welding, n.s.r wheel bearing to much play and the handbrake not working effienctly enough, however once the computer had done its thing it decided the handbrake was adequate! how i dont knoe because its useless ! but i wasnt gona argue :lol: so its down to 2 bits of welding and n.s.r bearing, ive done 1 and a half bits of the welding and i gona take a look at the bearing in a bit so fingers crossed it should pass! only thing i do have an issue with is after its been running for 20mins its starts missing and backfireing and has no power almost like its not got enough spark?? any ideas cause i dont think its gona make it up there running like this !!
NTH347X Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395
DOC 639
best thing is leave it at home, the worse thing is you may break down which will ruin your day. it could be a number of things, but sounds like ignition problems coil, plugs leads i have a spare coil if you need one TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
mmm sounds interesting, ive changed the alternator already, why would the coil effect it ?

mike
NTH347X Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395
DOC 639
Faulty Coils have a tendancy to work ok when cold, then start to break down when warm in my experience.

I'd take tony up on his offer if I were you, and if that doesn't solve the problem, you can always give it him back........

then work down the list.......

Ben
mec Wrote:right heres the update on my or should i say my de's appearance at the weekend, its failed the MOT initially on 2 bits of welding, n.s.r wheel bearing to much play and the handbrake not working effienctly enough, however once the computer had done its thing it decided the handbrake was adequate! how i dont knoe because its useless ! but i wasnt gona argue :lol: so its down to 2 bits of welding and n.s.r bearing, ive done 1 and a half bits of the welding and i gona take a look at the bearing in a bit so fingers crossed it should pass! only thing i do have an issue with is after its been running for 20mins its starts missing and backfireing and has no power almost like its not got enough spark?? any ideas cause i dont think its gona make it up there running like this !!

It could be the fuel pick up line in the tank... ie the rubber '?' shaped one as the fuel is getting warm this could be collapsing causing fuel starvation... perhaps check that out ?
Does it do it at idle?, and def runs fine when cold?

A
arranj Wrote:Look forward to seeing you, then whopping yo' ass on Mario Kart

Oh, bring it on! :wink:

Look forward to seeing y'all. Big Grin

Best regards
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
VIN#11777 (don't ask!!) Sad
Norfolk
hi guys
thanks for all the ideas, it doesnt idle very well either very lumpy, just so we dont hijack this post to much have a look at an idea ive had, i put a post under electrical see what you think

also tony would it be possible to bring the coil up with you at the weekend ?

mike
NTH347X Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395
DOC 639
Just got in from Sheffield..

Car still on lift in mates garage in Braintree, but we have still not given up on bringing it yet....

See you all tomorrow.

A & A
Hi Al, will your car be at the garage tomorrow morning? I'll be down there in the morning having my motorbike mot'd round the corner to your mates garage.
VIN: 6511