Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go to ASDA Fast!!
Chris P Wrote:Well I'm a bit miffed. It is definitely my car (at the time the photo was taken) It was taken about 50 yards from my old house. Its the 1983 car with the bits fitted by Chris N. Later on we swapped these bits onto the "Herman" car that Glen had.

It would have been nice if they had traced me and asked permission. Having had one "brush" with copyright law in the passed, I can assure that the biggest penalty you can get is to stop them selling the items. Now with a set up like Asda, they have probably got a heap of stock!!

I may get in touch and see if we can get a heap of free one's out of them for club members!

I agree Chrispy, the least they could have done was find out if you or Chris Nicholson minded them profiteering out of your car and CN's hard work!

Afterall, its obvious from the photograph that it was taken in a street and is of someones car, rather then a studio shot.

Be interested to know how this one pans out.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Flux Capacitor Wrote:Yeah, sue them, Asda is owned by Wal-Mart anyway and they are a bunch of evil bar stewards!

LOL at the censor! :lol:

language please young man!!!!
i ahve allready got in touch chris
Seems like Asda have a movie theme going on at the moment with t-shirts and tops

http://www.george.com/browse/mens-clothing/tops/

Note "Top Gun", "Rambo", "Jaws" as well as "BTTF" of course.

Actually, the items in question are of pretty good quality, and I was considering buying one.

And I dare say that any permissions required to print these were granted from the sources.

Do you not need permission to "Copy" a movie car, and use it in a financially gaining way? (Which is what you'd be doing if you made some sort of claim against it's use)

I expect Asda may withdraw the item, but by then X amount will have been sold, so the damage has been done.

Besides, permission or not, maybe it will promote the car a bit more, which is what we want isnt it?

Or are we all out to line our pockets :wink:

Just joking of course.

Mr P
All i wanted to do was show off my new bttf top and...

Shock I've started a BLOODY COURT CASE!! Big Grin Shock

Trial Number 88 is in session the case off, DOC Vs ASDA. Big Grin Big Grin
DOC was#520 Now#910, VIN# One Day
DeLorean Fund:On Hold (All Money On Kids!
I Need A FIVE Seater.
hi all

just to put you all in the picture of whats going on me & chris p have spoke to each toher about this i did know about the t shirt a while ago but i did not know that it had my photo on it until last week yes i can confrom that the car in it is backy with my old back to the future kit on it but it was in the weekend that the kit was been taken of backy to go onto herman and i tiook that photo but we are in talks with asda regards this to settle thingd maybe get some for the club stand for the nec or somethink like that im not going to tell them to pull the t shirt as its good really for them to support it the only thing you can see from the shirt is they have had the rights from the logo as its got the trade mark on it but not the photo as claire says the have took out me fuison but you can see that things stick out a mile

1 the white addidas jactet is on the passanger seat is mine

2 the scart socket on the front

3 wire harness on the back is not from the film car its what me & chris put on to make it look that bit fututre ideas

4 if you look you can see the silver tubes going from the engine to the back pannel behind the window ( normal cars )

5 and if you look really good you can see the toy model delorean on the dash

so i let you know what happens next week
lets just hope this gets sorted to everyones satisfaction Smile
Well..

I personally hope that the club does get some free shirts at the very least! or the product is removed for sale, the better idea when you consider how much money they make.
When Chris P first contacted me in regard to making a BTTF car i was not that keen from the outset, however Chris convinced me that a kit like this would be good for the club and that is what made my decision for me.

The club has introduced me to many kind and wonderful people, making this kit was the best thank you i could give to the club. That being the case i would like anything associated with this kit that can generate money put into the club, although i think at the very least i could get a free shirt! Last time my family buys anything at ASDA!

Best wishes!

Chris Nicholson
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
Well im not happy about them using my picture for the rambo shirt, i shall have words. And i didn't even comb my hair :evil: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
hi chris

don,t worry matey i get somethink sorted for you
PJ Grady (Europe) Wrote:Well..

Last time my family buys anything at ASDA!

Best wishes!

Chris Nicholson

Yeah i know their sausages are lips and arsoles :lol: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
sometimes TT you are just so totally random!!! lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously tho, I can see why ChrisP and ChrisN are so annoyed about this. Didnt something similar happen to Andy Westerman?
PJ Grady (Europe) Wrote:...Last time my family buys anything at ASDA! ...

Watch this short YouTube video on ASDA and their evil ways... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcANjYPYv4M

It is for these reasons I dont shop there, and wont get one of these t-shirts (even though they are really cool!)... Coz they are evil!
"How cool would it be if we just came across a DeLorean!" -Alex off The Apprentice Big Grin
Money in the DMC fund: £412 aprox. - Target: £15,000
hi all

after taking to ther company that made the t shirts for asda they have amited they have done it and are going to surply pj grady enough t shrits to cover a delroean :wink: plus and who ever comes on a frist come first seve system what ever left at the nec to give away to club members regards the anythink else it has been sorted out
By GEORGE, that was sorted Quick :lol:
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

[Image: DSC_0112-1.jpg]
Live the Dream today, Because I did it yesterday.