Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go to ASDA Fast!!
I Love Stacey, Big Grin Big Grin

she just got in with this for me: Big Grin Big Grin

[Image: 100_1091.jpg]

[Image: 100_1092.jpg]

Just one thing is it me or doe's that D look were familiar?? :?
DOC was#520 Now#910, VIN# One Day
DeLorean Fund:On Hold (All Money On Kids!
I Need A FIVE Seater.
I recognize that picture:

[Image: delorean1.jpg]
VIN: 6511
allready seen that matey
well that photo was when all the BTTF stuff (not my cup of tea) was on Chris Parnham's "Lefty".

Ok, so they've 'photoshopped' out the coffee grinder, but even so, surely there must be copyright issues here that need to be addressed if Chris Parnham/whoever took the photo didnt give Asda permission to use that picture.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Who owns Lefty now?
Claire Usher Wrote:well that photo was when all the BTTF stuff (not my cup of tea) was on Chris Parnham's "Lefty".

Ok, so they've 'photoshopped' out the coffee grinder, but even so, surely there must be copyright issues here that need to be addressed if Chris Parnham/whoever took the photo didnt give Asda permission to use that picture.

That's a good point Claire, Asda can,t even say it's a different car because of the toy d is clearly visible on the dash!

bring on the law suit.

and good luck with the MOT Big Grin
I Need A FIVE Seater.
Dan1986 Wrote:Who owns Lefty now?

Was that the D he traded for the Mk3 Capri?
I Need A FIVE Seater.
im in talks with asda as my layer noticed it when he got one for me the other day :roll:
Blimey..they are cheap :roll:
Hmmm

I am 100% confident that is our kit! only took me 7 months to build the kit, now asda comes along and creams profit from it, i am not happy!

Chris Nicholson
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
not sure about Lefty, but it was #551 I think that went to the guy with the Capri.

I'm sure Chrispy can reveal all ( Shock Shock Shock ) when he next logs on to the forum Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Claire Usher Wrote:I'm sure Chrispy can reveal all ( Shock Shock Shock ) when he next logs on to the forum Smile

Shock Dear GOD, I Hope he doesn't!!

Oh you ment about the CAR. Big Grin lol
I Need A FIVE Seater.
Claire Usher Wrote:well that photo was when all the BTTF stuff (not my cup of tea) was on Chris Parnham's "Lefty".

Just playing Devils advocate here, but isn't the copyright of the film name with Universal Studios? I suppose as long as the pic of the BTTF car used has permission from Universal Studio then there would be a claim against using that particular picture.

It is very cheeky though that they used that particular picture........ :roll:

I am not a lawyer so don't quote me !

NickT.
Well I'm a bit miffed. It is definitely my car (at the time the photo was taken) It was taken about 50 yards from my old house. Its the 1983 car with the bits fitted by Chris N. Later on we swapped these bits onto the "Herman" car that Glen had.

It would have been nice if they had traced me and asked permission. Having had one "brush" with copyright law in the passed, I can assure that the biggest penalty you can get is to stop them selling the items. Now with a set up like Asda, they have probably got a heap of stock!!

I may get in touch and see if we can get a heap of free one's out of them for club members!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Yeah, sue them, Asda is owned by Wal-Mart anyway and they are a bunch of evil bastards!

LOL at the censor! :lol:
"How cool would it be if we just came across a DeLorean!" -Alex off The Apprentice Big Grin
Money in the DMC fund: £412 aprox. - Target: £15,000