Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inside the roof
Hi everyone. What is suposed to be under the T panel? Looking on the parts diagram there should be a roof insulation pannel, is this suposed to be fixed to the inside of the T panel or glued onto the steel roof structure? Also does anyone know what material this is made from?

Thanks, Dan
VIN: 6511
Hi Dan,

Part Number:106722 INSULATION, ROOF PANEL Price: $38.18
New Old Stock Part

I take it your asking about this stuff glued under the stainless T roof?

As far as I can remember its the same as the sound proofing that sits under the rear carpet on the centre tunnel above the gearbox, between the two wooden access covers.

For £19 ($38) it aint worth trying to match it up to something similar, it'll cost you that in fuel and effort driving around searching!

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Dont know how the cool icon ended up in the $38...must be 8 followed by close bracket?
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Darren C Wrote:Dont know how the cool icon ended up in the $38...must be 8 followed by close bracket?

You are right Darren.
An 8
followed by a )
makes the cool sunglasses Icon

8) 8 )
Smile : )
Big Grin : D
Smile : )
etc.

Smile

NickT
I take it you're gone in search of the fizzing connector then Dan?!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Yes thats right Rich. All sorted now, but I noticed the T pannel had nothing on it, and the insulation was stuck to the actual steel roof area looking sorry for itself, so I might rip it all off and put it back new, but need to know if its supposed to be stuck to the T pannel or the steel part, as I've seen pictures on the net of T pannels with what looks like insulation stuck on so thought mine might be done wrong.
VIN: 6511
Hi Dan,

Mine was stuck to the stainless T panel.

There's also one on ebay at the moment stuck to T panel too.

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Cheers Darren. Looks like mines been done wrong then as I suspected. I'll rip it all off, clean it up and fit a new piece then Big Grin