Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delorean on M25
Interesting....

I used to draw car designs as a kid, and did this one at 17 years old when my world revolved around VW's

[Image: 100_0393.jpg]

Bought a car for £20.

[Image: 100_0396.jpg]

And built it when I was 17 and 3/4's

[Image: 100_0395.jpg]

I've moved on a bit now from these early schoolboy crude designs. I'd post some more if your interested.

Love to see more of your work too.

Best regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Jay, you haven't said where you used to live and what you did as a kid around Dunmurry Wink
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Dan1986 Wrote:Oh I didn't know the angle drives were in stock again??

I got one from Ed the week before Eurotec. I ordered a few other bits and he mentioned they were in stock so I got one
Follow my Restoration Progress at http://www.project2456.co.uk
VIN 2456, 2835
DOC 621
lol! Martin.....

when i was about 4-5 years old, I used to stay over at a friends house in Dunmurry----The Davenports----and with there son Colin, we used to head off on our bikes and sneek through the chicken wire fence into closed factory grounds AKA Delorean test track.........after snooping around for a bit we found bits laying around the site, like cages , pallets and one time a couple of tail lights...with these tail lights we put in snails, centipedes and stuff into them and went to the wee bridge and set them off down the stream there.
this would of been about 1983-84, and to be honest I lost contact with the Davenports about 12 years ago when I moved to the "mainland" so cant confirm the year.
I used to live in a Place called Bailliesmills , near Lisburn at the time which is about 12 miles from the factory but the Davenports lived about 1/2mile from there. :wink:
Vin #1458
My reputition proceeds me....>
he,he, cool bug! its one of the Wizard conversions aye? heres a like to what I do, and Many others, do you still design?

http://cardesignnews.com/site/designers ... cure=false
8)
--- Cry work has dried up for post grads due to cheap labour from Industrial Designers, Land - Rovers designed by Tupperware Designers, VW Group by Lego and Honda by Nike...bring back UN RESTRAINED STYLE!!!
Vin #1458
http://cardesignnews.com/site/designers ... cure=false

wrong portfolio :lol:
Vin #1458
Hi Jay,

What page are you on in the link, theres 112 of them? Shock

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
[quote="BELFAST BOY #1458"]he,he, cool bug! its one of the Wizard conversions aye? heres a like to what I do, and Many others, do you still design?

Hi Jay,

Yes the base was an old Wizard conversions (the white bits in the £20 picture), The rest is a mish mash of idea's and parts.

I still design engineering systems, I suppose my latest of interest is at the new Rolls-Royce plant (had to be eh!) I've done a lot of work in the whole building, from it's initial inception right through to the new facility in Bognor Regis. I did the Rain test facility, the bodyshop paint process cooling systems, and wood stores. But that's my day job Sad

As for my cars before the Delorean and Porsche (see insurance post on forum) the last job was the rear end of my Bentley Arnage
[Image: 100_0402.jpg]

I tend to design, sketch and build the damn thing afterwards! This was a MDF and wood bumper I made, then cast a mould to produce a one piece item.

[Image: 100_0403.jpg]

I then made a stainless quad exhaust section and bespoke grilles.
Can't find the flippin picture I did first, but came across this one from way back in 1992, when I was 25, way before you could buy all the trick parts available today. The carrera 2 had just been launched and I fitted a few of the new panels to this much older car. The fun bit was hacksawing the rear quarters out for the brake intakes Shock

[Image: 100_0397.jpg]

I made the panels in the same way as the Bentley rear bumper, and turned my 1979 911SC into a special.

[Image: 100_0401.jpg]

The finished car was awesome (well at the time I thought it was Big Grin )

Have you ever built your dream designs?

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Hi, I should be on Design Proffessionals, or if you put in search "Flanagan" it should come up, at the mo I am fattening up my portfolio, I perfer Styling..., but have done all aspects of Car Design.
sketching, and scale model making I enjoyed the most, report writing sucks! :?

if I can figure out how to up load an image I will show you my Skoda Rapid 130 Cabrio I used to drive, almost as jaw dropping as the DMC Shock But then again I am not one that would drive a Silver BMW 320 :lol:
Vin #1458
Hi Jay,

Found you on the link. Great designs, good artwork Big Grin

Look forward to seeing the Skoda!

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Just have a question? on the pic of the rear bumper for your Bentley. is that a chromed front mesh to a Delorean by chance?
Good work by the way...I never said!! they all look awsome, I have only worked to scale of 1/4,1/5 and 1/10 I will show you some pics of the Skoda when I find them :wink:
Vin #1458