Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car before license?
Dan1986 Wrote:
Jonny Jones Wrote:Shock OK im jealous to say the least haha! Im 24 in November, what job do you have haha?

Ive been working since I was 16. I now work doing maintenance engineering in an electronics company, but working on mainly mechanical equipment :wink: I saved hard to get the D.

See thats my problem. Ive done the whole college then Uni thing. Im now gonna be looking for a job with a salery as being a camera assistant/operator doesn't have consistent income - Stu Nicholls and his mates have been so kind to me giving me work and/or experience but Ive been thinking hard - this way I should be able to afford many things, including a D at some point! Big Grin
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
I kinda got lucky with my current job so as its quite a secure job i shouldnt have too much longer to go Big Grin

Best bet is just to get any old job and start saving, even if its a temp job, at least you can go for interviews while your working and it just looks better for future employers
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Mike,

Great news that the saving is going well and you are getting close to your
dream.

Keep it up mate!!! Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
MikeH Wrote:I kinda got lucky with my current job so as its quite a secure job i shouldnt have too much longer to go Big Grin

Best bet is just to get any old job and start saving, even if its a temp job, at least you can go for interviews while your working and it just looks better for future employers

Yeah, thats what im gonna do, lucky I am quite good with computers so I can get a IT job or something.

How long have you been having so far?
"How cool would it be if we just came across a DeLorean!" -Alex off The Apprentice Big Grin
Money in the DMC fund: £412 aprox. - Target: £15,000
been saving for a couple of years now on and off. It slows you down when it comes time to get taxed and mot'd and with other things means its ben going abit slower than I had hoped. Still its all good.
DOC 527
Vin #10264
MikeH Wrote:been saving for a couple of years now on and off. It slows you down when it comes time to get taxed and mot'd and with other things means its ben going abit slower than I had hoped. Still its all good.

Cool, hope you get your D soon Smile
"How cool would it be if we just came across a DeLorean!" -Alex off The Apprentice Big Grin
Money in the DMC fund: £412 aprox. - Target: £15,000