Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cars the Star
The FBI setup the whole thing up so he was acquitted due to the FBI trying to entrap him. I heard recently that legal funding was found on the same day but DeLorean's people couldn't get hold of him to let him know...
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
But the video seemed to show John going along with the deal?
VIN: 6511
Dan1986 Wrote:But the video seemed to show John going along with the deal?

The argument is that he would not have committed the crime had the FBI not suggested it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrapment
Its been emotional...
Dan1986 Wrote:But the video seemed to show John going along with the deal?

I happen to agree, entrapment or not he went along with it ...
I particularly liked the quote; 'you could throw a cat through the panel gaps' nice one!
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
Bandit Wrote:I particularly liked the quote; 'you could throw a cat through the panel gaps' nice one!

You can't on my D, or most of the others I've seen. What an idiot.

As for the build quality, they can't be that bad if most of them are still on the road after 27 years.
Dan1986 Wrote:
Bandit Wrote:I particularly liked the quote; 'you could throw a cat through the panel gaps' nice one!

You can't on my D, or most of the others I've seen. What an idiot.

As for the build quality, they can't be that bad if most of them are still on the road after 27 years.

I wouldnt take anything they say to heart Dan...Has anyone ever seen a good car review on the DeLorean??

We love them and the 'public 'just as much... if not more... thats all that counts in my book!
I haven't taken it to heart at all! I just find it annoying that TV programs about cars are made that are factually incorrect.
hi

if you have a look at youtube, there is an interview with JD where he answers questions about the 'deal'.

i still think that JD was fantastic. towards the end of Delorean Motors i would say he was getting desperate to raise the finance, after the Thatcher governernment decided they would rather the DMC workers go on the dole than keep the company going. he had really worked for this car much of his life, and how many people could get a company the size of DMC even off the drawing board and compete with the big boys..ford etc.

the same incidentally i think for ROVER. it was a viable company that needed correct management, as the chinese are now doing.

the UK government again prefer their public on the dole, and plough our hard earned into Northern rock which should have been sold off.
the UK owned car industry is pretty much like the dodo
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
As is the UK Electronics Industry, Steel Industry, Textile Industry, Engineering Industry and pretty much any manufacturing industry.

Oooooo don't get me started :evil:
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
RichH Wrote:As is the UK Electronics Industry, Steel Industry, Textile Industry, Engineering Industry and pretty much any manufacturing industry.

Oooooo don't get me started :evil:

How true, this is so gonna come back and bite us in the ar*e one day soon.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Dan6457 Wrote:Does anyone have a copy of the cars the star episode on the delorean that I could borrow to make a copy of? Ive searched all over the net and cant find it for download anywhere!

This is a message out to Chris Williams for me, for the same thing. I was wondering if you could do me a copy of this too. Tamir's website has a click-able link to this programme, but it doesn't seem to work.

http://www.entermyworld.com/tv/delorean-docu

It's one of the few programmes i don't have in my collection, and would really like to be able to add it, even though it is completely berating towards the car.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
I'm not sure if I've still got a copy of it lurking somewhere or not, will have
a look for you and let you know.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Guinney1971 Wrote:I'm not sure if I've still got a copy of it lurking somewhere or not, will have
a look for you and let you know.

Cool, Cool.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
If Claire hasnt got it then I can make you a copy and post it to you as I have it on DVD. I guarantee it will annoy you though, its biased against the car from the start and some parts of it are just utter bollocks! No wonder we get half the comments we do from the general public, as for a lot of people programs like this tell them all they will know about the car. As well as several other factually incorrect comments he makes, they even find a car for filming that has failed door struts and go on to say the doors never worked properly on the Delorean because the struts are not strong enough. :evil:
Its the picking at the design thats annoying too, certain things make the car what it is, give it the iconic style and uniqueness it has, so why moan about the stainless steel and the doors? Stupid!