Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frame Restoration
Hi Mnickels, the Company who stripped the frame is called Pro-Strip, they are on 01159 112240, ask to speak to Tim.
Regards Julian
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
Thanks
Follow my Restoration Progress at http://www.project2456.co.uk
VIN 2456, 2835
DOC 621
Hi Julian, I have some stuff here for you and have lost your contact details. All the best Chrispy.

BTW, that number I wanted for Vin 510 was sold, so I have ended up with I JZ 81 which I think looks OK.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I take it that 'IJZ81' means Incredible John Zachary '81 Smile
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Absolutely!

There would have been no cars without him. What would we have all done with our spare time then?
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
And all that spare money!
Rob Williams
DOC 475
VIN 17152
Just a quick update, got my frame back yesterday, been doing a bit today,heres a coupkle of pics
[Image: 24052008085.jpg]

[/IMG]
[Image: 24052008085.jpg]
[Image: 24052008073.jpg] Sorry thats better, would'nt work first time for some reason
# drool...drool #

Now that is so so pretty, great work matey, looks like your making great progress with her now ...well done!!
Great job. Can´t wait to see the final product complete
Follow my Restoration Progress at http://www.project2456.co.uk
VIN 2456, 2835
DOC 621
That looks fantastic Julian! Smile

........ we really must pop up and see you one evening........ :lol:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Yeh, I'll give you a nod some time after next week, won't be doing anything much more 'till after then cos' I'm off to the TT 'till week on Sat.
Well, what can I say, so near but not quite there. Looks like I've had to admit defeat on the car making Eurotec. I've been working like mad to get it sorted but a few bits have gone against me.
Got the car all together & have an Mot , but when it was on the ramp at the test station we noticed the front brakes binding badly. I got the car back home & stripped them, the pistons are sticking, which is odd, as I have not had any problems with them prior to stripping the car & did not touch them during the re-build. (infact they are about the only damn thing I hav'nt stripped & re-built, sods law I guess)
This coupled with the fact that after such an extensive strip down, I've not really got enough time to do any decent 'shake-down' mileage before the show, I've decided to hitch a lift in Vin 510, with Chris.
So, will see you all there, but you'll have to wait a bit longer to see my car
Julian
Hi Julian,

Its hard work when you are tying to beat a deadline, I have been at it for months with vin 510 and two new issues cropped up only yesterday, leaking fuel filter and fuel connector. All fixed now but we never know what is around the corner with these cars that have been little used.

All seems OK currently...fingers crossed that we make it OK! Pick you up Friday noon.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian