Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frame Restoration
Hi All,
I don't want to put too much up on the site at this stage, cos its all going in the Club Mag over the next few issues, but here are just a couple of the pics from my frame restoration job. Check out the rather lovely front shocks; nice!!
[Image: Pic35.jpg]
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
[Image: Pic31.jpg]
[Image: Pic12.jpg]
Keep at it mate, you're doing a grand job there. Try your best to have it sorted for eurotec!

Ben
Hi All Just thought I would share this with you (may be of particular interest to mnickels) Here is a pic of my frame taken today after being stripped in the furnace. There is not a single bit of epoxy left on it.
They also stripped my wheels in a tank, which came out superb, £160.00 for the lot, frame & 4 rims, bargin!!
[Image: 24042008055.jpg]
Your frame looks really solid Big Grin
VIN: 6511
Yeh, it was much better than I thought it would be, as the front section was very rusty. But once I had it apart, it was clear most of it was just surface rust. It did'nt really need it, but, whilst I had gone this far, I had a couple of plates welded on the front side sections where the metal is really thin, other than that it was great.
Now thats what I call quick work, Should have it back together for the bank holiday Big Grin
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I need a furnace somewhere in Ireland. There has to be one!!!
Follow my Restoration Progress at http://www.project2456.co.uk
VIN 2456, 2835
DOC 621
I'm hoping, realistically to have it back together for the end of May, which is not a bad schedule, considering I did not start the dissassembly 'till Feb.
Its not really, the putting back together, its the waiting on suppliers etc, to get the bits to you, that take the time.
With ref. to your furnace in Ireland, even if there isn't one, at the prices you have been quoted, it would be worth a 'holiday' in England, just to chuck' your frame in a van & have a week over here while you got the job done.
I'll be on the next boat lol. Can you send me the contact details of the company who did it please
Follow my Restoration Progress at http://www.project2456.co.uk
VIN 2456, 2835
DOC 621
hi

off topic, but the first pic....is that a mk2 rs2000 under the cover?
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Quote:off topic, but the first pic....is that a mk2 rs2000 under the cover?

I was thinking that too.. those wheels and that slope in the nose mean it surely couldn't be anything else...
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Well done there guys, it is indeed an RS2000. Its a 'proper minter' 1980, black with beige interior. 32k miles, one owner for 19 yrs. I have however, got a few little jobs to do to it, due to some thieving scumbag, taking a likeing to it at a car show at Donnington some while ago.
The car is still OK, but they had removed the side stripes & painted the wheels that stupid white, to obviously try to change its appearrance somewhat.
Bit busy with the D' at the moment, but I will sort it this summer.