Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New front delorean Wheel
Does anyone know where I can get a new front wheel from in England - or get mine unbuckled? There's a slight buckle in the front which is causing my car to drive roughly! I know where I can get lots in the states but its expensive!!

Cheers

Chris
Chris Reynolds
www.deloreanhire.com
Loads here Chris - at least 10.

Send us an email or call for a price.

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
I am sure Darren will help you work out which of the wheel designs you need as there were two subtly different styles for the lighter coloured wheels. If you have a dark grey wheel things are a little simpler

See this for more: http://dmcnews.com/Techsection/wheels.html
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Cheers Guys, thanks for the info. Darren, I couldn't find them on your site, I did look. Can you quote for me for one new wheel please? Basically mine is buckled, not badly i.e I believe its been like it for a few yrs, but the tyres were so old that the hefty wheel balancing and distortion of old tyres balanced the wheels. A long shot I know - I know I havent hit anything.

I had new tyres fitted and the problem arose - there's tonnes of balancing weights on it and the fitter showed me the sliught buckle on the machine! I think it could be fixed but if you have a new wheel then I'd prefer that.
I could have the money to you by cheque, paypal or bank transfer, Please let me know! Would you prefer me to go through the website?

Best Regards

Chris
Chris Reynolds
www.deloreanhire.com
Regarding the colour and thickness (thanks for the link Chris) mine is VIN 2014, They are certainly not the thick wheels, I believe they may be the light coloured ones. Any ideas based upon the VIN number?
Also Darren, if I am home (in Kent) any time soon, can I pop up and get the tracking done? I dont really trust local garages to do it on the Delorean...... Maybe I can pop and get the wheel and have it fitted then return for tracking same day.... (sorry to be a pain)

Chris
Chris Reynolds
www.deloreanhire.com
chris

i told you when learing to to land the delorean to watch out for thr curbs chris but you don,t pay attion :lol: :lol:

may be next time 8)
Hi Chris,

No problem - we're not talking megabucks for a new wheel anyway. Let's take a look at yours first - and if it's repairable - we can work out an exchange to keep your costs down.

Getting the wheels swapped over and rebalanced/tracked can all be done same day - so you can either bring a good book - or watch a BTTF film on my new projector!

Let me know which dates are practical for you - then call the office to book yourself in!

All the best

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
Glen & Sam Wrote:chris

I told you when learing to to land the delorean to watch out for thr curbs chris but you don,t pay attion :lol: :lol:

may be next time 8)

Indeed, that curb wasnt there when I left! at least it wasn't a tree :lol:

Hope all is well Glen!
Chris Reynolds
www.deloreanhire.com
PJ Grady (Europe) Wrote:Hi Chris,

No problem - we're not talking megabucks for a new wheel anyway. Let's take a look at yours first - and if it's repairable - we can work out an exchange to keep your costs down.

Getting the wheels swapped over and rebalanced/tracked can all be done same day - so you can either bring a good book - or watch a BTTF film on my new projector!

Let me know which dates are practical for you - then call the office to book yourself in!

All the best

Darren

Sounds great - thank you - I am in India for 1 week from tomorrow and so it may be 2 weeks or so, could I do it one weekend? If so let me know which one is good for you. I could do 10th / 11th Nov.....

Chris
Chris Reynolds
www.deloreanhire.com
Reynolds Wrote:Sounds great - thank you - I am in India for 1 week from tomorrow and so it may be 2 weeks or so, could I do it one weekend? If so let me know which one is good for you. I could do 10th / 11th Nov.....
Chris

Ayup Chris, thats NEC weekend Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Fair point. I wasn't meant to be around. I may have to pop up for that Big Grin
Chris Reynolds
www.deloreanhire.com