The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
New front delorean Wheel - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: DELOREAN HELP AND ADVICE & PARTS CROSS REFERENCE (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: 6 - Brakes / Wheels / Tyres (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: New front delorean Wheel (/showthread.php?tid=1022)

New front delorean Wheel - Reynolds - 25 Oct 2007

Does anyone know where I can get a new front wheel from in England - or get mine unbuckled? There's a slight buckle in the front which is causing my car to drive roughly! I know where I can get lots in the states but its expensive!!

Cheers

Chris

- PJ Grady (Europe) - 25 Oct 2007

Loads here Chris - at least 10.

Send us an email or call for a price.

Darren

- Chris Hawes - 25 Oct 2007

I am sure Darren will help you work out which of the wheel designs you need as there were two subtly different styles for the lighter coloured wheels. If you have a dark grey wheel things are a little simpler

See this for more: http://dmcnews.com/Techsection/wheels.html

- Reynolds - 25 Oct 2007

Cheers Guys, thanks for the info. Darren, I couldn't find them on your site, I did look. Can you quote for me for one new wheel please? Basically mine is buckled, not badly i.e I believe its been like it for a few yrs, but the tyres were so old that the hefty wheel balancing and distortion of old tyres balanced the wheels. A long shot I know - I know I havent hit anything.

I had new tyres fitted and the problem arose - there's tonnes of balancing weights on it and the fitter showed me the sliught buckle on the machine! I think it could be fixed but if you have a new wheel then I'd prefer that.
I could have the money to you by cheque, paypal or bank transfer, Please let me know! Would you prefer me to go through the website?

Best Regards

Chris

- Reynolds - 25 Oct 2007

Regarding the colour and thickness (thanks for the link Chris) mine is VIN 2014, They are certainly not the thick wheels, I believe they may be the light coloured ones. Any ideas based upon the VIN number?
Also Darren, if I am home (in Kent) any time soon, can I pop up and get the tracking done? I dont really trust local garages to do it on the Delorean...... Maybe I can pop and get the wheel and have it fitted then return for tracking same day.... (sorry to be a pain)

Chris

- Glen & Sam - 25 Oct 2007

chris

i told you when learing to to land the delorean to watch out for thr curbs chris but you don,t pay attion :lol: :lol:

may be next time 8)

- PJ Grady (Europe) - 26 Oct 2007

Hi Chris,

No problem - we're not talking megabucks for a new wheel anyway. Let's take a look at yours first - and if it's repairable - we can work out an exchange to keep your costs down.

Getting the wheels swapped over and rebalanced/tracked can all be done same day - so you can either bring a good book - or watch a BTTF film on my new projector!

Let me know which dates are practical for you - then call the office to book yourself in!

All the best

Darren

- Reynolds - 26 Oct 2007

Glen & Sam Wrote:chris

I told you when learing to to land the delorean to watch out for thr curbs chris but you don,t pay attion :lol: :lol:

may be next time 8)

Indeed, that curb wasnt there when I left! at least it wasn't a tree :lol:

Hope all is well Glen!

- Reynolds - 26 Oct 2007

PJ Grady (Europe) Wrote:Hi Chris,

No problem - we're not talking megabucks for a new wheel anyway. Let's take a look at yours first - and if it's repairable - we can work out an exchange to keep your costs down.

Getting the wheels swapped over and rebalanced/tracked can all be done same day - so you can either bring a good book - or watch a BTTF film on my new projector!

Let me know which dates are practical for you - then call the office to book yourself in!

All the best

Darren

Sounds great - thank you - I am in India for 1 week from tomorrow and so it may be 2 weeks or so, could I do it one weekend? If so let me know which one is good for you. I could do 10th / 11th Nov.....

Chris

- Guinney1971 - 26 Oct 2007

Reynolds Wrote:Sounds great - thank you - I am in India for 1 week from tomorrow and so it may be 2 weeks or so, could I do it one weekend? If so let me know which one is good for you. I could do 10th / 11th Nov.....
Chris

Ayup Chris, thats NEC weekend Smile

- Reynolds - 26 Oct 2007

Fair point. I wasn't meant to be around. I may have to pop up for that Big Grin