Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
car values
Hi guys,

The car Darren and Chris H refer to is a customer's car which I have recently "resurrected" (in fact Chris N had a hand in the bodywork). I did all the new stuff you would expect - headliners, tyres, fuel system, brake system, door seals, gas struts, battery etc etc. Its mileage was 2600 when the owner collected it and drove home to London. Only -then- did he decide to sell it, so I haven't got any photos of it to advertise with!

I'm not on commission and anybody referred to me will get the owner's contact details directly Smile
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Chris Hawes Wrote:I guess you wouldn't want Flopsy back before you move house, but do you have an idea from PJ when the car car is likely to be ready? It will be like an early Christmas present for sure! Big Grin

There is a lot of work to do on the ole Flopmeister (anyone who's seen her will verify that!), and I'm in no rush, so have said to Darren and Chris that they can take their time and do other jobs around her and I'll have her back probably late November as a guestimate. Might perhaps liaise with Chris and Darren to collect her around the time of their seminar if she's done. Ideally I'd want her back by then, as the tax runs out at the end of November.

Also, there's a rather special car coming in PX at work next week that I've got first dibs on...... darn, I thought I was supposed to be reducing my fleet, not doubling it within a fortnight! lol :lol:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
go on, tell it what it is... we can't exactly jump the queue can we Big Grin
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Chris Hawes Wrote:go on, tell it what it is... we can't exactly jump the queue can we Big Grin
lol, well its nowt special I spose to anyone on here, but as you all know, I do like my Vauxhalls.

We have got coming in px, an Astra Bertone Coupe, which is a former Vauxhall press car and I've found various articles on it, including a review of it with lots of lovely photos of it in Sardinia in 2000. (Similar story to Dan's Esprit).

It did have a private plate, but now its on an age related plate, and its only through the wonders of HPI and the internet, that I've been able to track down its history.

Anyway, nothings been confirmed yet and I've not even seen the car, only photos of it, so I'll know more next week Smile

.......how OT can we get? :wink: :lol:
Ah, you mean one of these:-

http://tinyurl.com/3csaf5
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Chris Hawes Wrote:Ah, you mean one of these:-

http://tinyurl.com/3csaf5

yep, but the one I'm looking at, which is also a 2.2i 16v, has the Irmscher body kit, Sat Nav, 2-tone leather/alcantara, and isnt Kermit Green Big Grin

Do you still miss your GSi Carlie?
I do very much! 206bhp to threar wheels was always fun.

I must admit I drove a 2001 Audi S8 with 360bhp a few weeks ago and this would be the next 'practical' car I would buy. At the moment Rachael is selling her Chrysler Crossfire:-
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/268548.htm
(shameless plug I know) as it is a pain when friends come to stay and all we have is a pair of two seater cars. She has a Golf waiting in the wings...
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Nice car that Chrysler Crossfire Chris.

Puts a DeLorean price in perspective , I could sell mine, buy this and have 3k spare ....
nah, I wouldn't bother. I'd stick with my D.

NickT
(in his amasing 80hp astra diesel at 40p per mile thank you Big Grin )
I have enjoyed driving the Crossfire with 215bhp going to those rear 19" wheels. The fronts are 18" and with a 3.2V6 lovely engine note it has been a pleasure to potter about in.

I bet the 1.9Tdi Golf will beat your Astra's economy, Nick Tongue

So is garlic to a vampire like scotch locks to a NickT?
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Blimey, those x-fires are cheap now! About £26k new I think from memory.

Mind you, cars dont come much cheaper then that Cav I bought last week for £46 Big Grin
cool whats it like ,is it a runner and is the body work ok if so you got yourself a bargin Shock

Claire Usher Wrote:Blimey, those x-fires are cheap now! About £26k new I think from memory.

Mind you, cars dont come much cheaper then that Cav I bought last week for £46 Big Grin
cheers tracey
vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421
Delorean Dream within a Dream
roll on eurotec 2009 love you all
[Image: covercarpics034.jpg]

[Image: mybanner48c1296704f7enw1.jpg]
Chris Hawes Wrote:I have enjoyed driving the Crossfire with 215bhp going to those rear 19" wheels. The fronts are 18" and with a 3.2V6 lovely engine note it has been a pleasure to potter about in.

I bet the 1.9Tdi Golf will beat your Astra's economy, Nick Tongue

So is garlic to a vampire like scotch locks to a NickT?

A golf does a few mpg more than my astra, ooooh!

Face, Bovvered !!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[Image: PO88.jpg]

Ooooh, not the scotch locks ! (Running away!!!!!!!!)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHH.

NickT
lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

to answer Tracey's question, new Cav would be described as follows:

GLS spec 1993 model, so has electric bits and power steering, etc
Kings Blue (solid) paint, which is, as traditional, flat as a witches tit
The interior looks like a labrador has been/is still living in it (gonna have a go at cleaning it, but if no joy, will go to the scrapyard and get a new one for sweet FA Smile )
Starter motor a bit iffy, but there's a new starter motor in the boot
New cambelt 10,000 miles ago
Head gasket just gone (but a fairly easy fix, as just done it on Phill's sons' Corsa which also has the Isuzu TD lump).
MOT until July 2008 - MOT done less then 1000 miles ago.

All in all, a bit of a shed visually, but, its a solid old thing, it runs and drive's and needs a weekend's worth of blitzing to bring up to standard - and it cost as much as a weeks food shopping!

I've bought it as a cheap run around as I'm taking my other Cavalier off the road to do a full restoration on it (engine out, respray, welding, LPG conversion, etc). If, at the worst case scenario, the car needs a new radiator (like the Corsa did), then its gonna cost me a total of about £75 in parts to put back on the road. Big deal. I'll save more then that running it on 100% vegetable oil for 6 months. Big Grin