Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
car values
Tracey and I have today been asked by a national classic car magazine for an article about living with a Delorean. As part of this article they would like to know the value of the car in condition 1, 2 and 3. Who is the best person in the club to help us with this bit?
cheers tracey
vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421
Delorean Dream within a Dream
roll on eurotec 2009 love you all
[Image: covercarpics034.jpg]

[Image: mybanner48c1296704f7enw1.jpg]
Well i will chip in.... For LHD cars...

Lowest price i have seen in the last 18 months 13k
Average 16 k
Highest 17.5k
Cheers Bozzy
They also need a club contact name and adress to print. Can I give them yours?

bozzzydmc Wrote:Well i will chip in.... For LHD cars...

Lowest price i have seen in the last 18 months 13k
Average 16 k
Highest 17.5k
cheers tracey
vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421

Sure ...its in the front of the club mag Smile
cheers mate got to mention club it might bring some more people alone :wink:

bozzzydmc Wrote:Sure ...its in the front of the club mag Smile
cheers tracey
vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421

I have seen two LHD's going for £18.5k and £20k, so could we up the high end mark? Big Grin
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
yeah chris parnham says about 20k for a tip top conition one now , and 14k for a good runner :wink:

Chris Hawes Wrote:I have seen two LHD's going for £18.5k and £20k, so could we up the high end mark? Big Grin
cheers tracey
vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421

Agreed.

General values we use are something like:

1) UK registered, no MOT, poor condition - £11k - £12k.
2) UK registered, MOT, average condition - £14k
3) UK registered, MOT, fair condition - £16k
4) UK registered, MOT, good/excellent condition £17.5k
5) UK registered, MOT, show condition - £20k

With #5 - the additional cost is for that 'something special'. If the car has extremely low mileage, is concours condition or has some special history to it - the step up in price can be justified.
Spending ££££ on a regular DeLorean won't make it a £20k car. Cars selling for £20k+ have a history or very low mileage which is what gives them extra value.

Of course - RHD's command a premium over LHD - if you can get one!

The difference in the prices across the range are pretty reflective of what it would cost to take (say) an average condition £14k car into an excellent condition £17.5k car - in this case ~£3.5k of new parts and labour.

Good to see the values increasing - and note that the lower end of the scale isn't moving that much - which means people looking to buy their first car aren't being precluded.

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
So anywhere between 11 and 20 K then Smile

As a matter of interest who has sold a LHD car for 20K over the last 18 months or so .. that must have been very special.
Martin has just revived a car that was in a Carcoon for the last 14 years. Grey, 5-speed Oct? 81 with around 1400 original miles. the owner has an NSX and having driven the DMC has decided that it isn't the car he thought it was and is selling it. Apararently it as near mint as you'll ever get hence the £20k asking price.
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
We've sold one at 20k - and I know Martin G is selling one for the same amount - which is a very nice, very original unmolested example.

I can't go into the details of the price - but the car we sold is VIN570.

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
Sound like very nice cars those two.

Maybe its worth looking into agreed values on insurance policies guys if the prices keep on moving up this way.

Cheers Guys Smile
Flopsy is on an agreed value of £13,000 at the moment, but obviously when she's back from PJ Grady I'll be upping that to around £16-17k - because I would then probably have to spend that to replace her with one of equal condition.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I guess you wouldn't want Flopsy back before you move house, but do you have an idea from PJ when the car car is likely to be ready? It will be like an early Christmas present for sure! Big Grin
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Certainly worth upping the value of your car anyway Claire - regardless of what we do to restore it.

A running MOT'd DeLorean should really be covered for at least £16k. Even if you think it's only worth (say) £14k - you'd be hardpushed to find a replacement at that price.

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk