Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craig radio 9-pin plug diagram?
Hi all, just pulled my Apparently non-working Craig radio from my D (lots of fun!) There is a nine pin plug, and there was a 12v supply going to the red wire. Anyone got a diagram showing the details of the 9-pin plug, by any chance, so I can try to set it up for bench test?  Also, in case I'm daft, how do you turn it on? There's a tenth pink wire which sits separate, I'm assuming that's to trigger the aerial..? Any help gratefully received!! ?
(06 Oct 2021, 21:40)lordivanhoe Wrote: Hi all, just pulled my Apparently non-working Craig radio from my D (lots of fun!) There is a nine pin plug, and there was a 12v supply going to the red wire. Anyone got a diagram showing the details of the 9-pin plug, by any chance, so I can try to set it up for bench test?  Also, in case I'm daft, how do you turn it on? There's a tenth pink wire which sits separate, I'm assuming that's to trigger the aerial..? Any help gratefully received!! ?

Hi there,

When I sorted out my radio wiring I used this site as a reference:
http://www.midstatedmc.com/parts/radioplug.html

I actually saved off the details locally too, just in case the site ever goes down.

Best of luck.

Tris.

Here’s my efforts when I sorted my wiring out and installed a retrosound radio.
(I kept the original fascia and later also used the Craig knobs)
http://newdelorean.co.uk/2018/12/21/time...-delorean/

Tris
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
Hey Tris, thank you. Tho I have to confess still confused! Also found that Midwest reference, but it leaves me none the wiser! Perhaps I'm just stupid. Hey ho.
(06 Oct 2021, 21:57)lordivanhoe Wrote: Hey Tris, thank you. Tho I have to confess still confused! Also found that Midwest reference, but it leaves me none the wiser! Perhaps I'm just stupid. Hey ho.

No worries.

Mine had the ASI wiring as it’s an ‘82 - so the plugs are different.
If you see my pics, the power antenna is a green wire….. but again perhaps unique to the ASI setup.

Sorry I can’t be of more help Sad

.pdf   W460Manual.pdf (Size: 864.46 KB / Downloads: 12)

I just found this on dmc talk…… hopefully it’s of some help?
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
Tris; now that's the ticket!! Super, cheers!!!
The only one I remember is that the orange is the 12v continuous feed so the radio remembers the stationpresets etc.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126