Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VIN-5222 the dream has arrived
So the time finally come, to those who i haven't seen/ spoken to over the silverstone weekend i can officially say im now a full Delorean owner of VIN-5222.

Over 8 years of being obsessed with the car i finally acquired one, she's still a touch red but thats soon to be removed over the winter months, engine runs but has difficulty holding idle (Rich Hutchinson has identified half the issue yesterday being the idle speed motor being seized), frame is solid with a bit of surface rust on the front extension and interior needs light restoration.

I will be vlogging as much of the restoration as i can and posting to the cars instagram page deloreangt.

Attached Files Image(s)

Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
(03 Aug 2021, 11:16)theningiachicken Wrote: So the time finally come, to those who i haven't seen/ spoken to over the silverstone weekend i can officially say im now a full Delorean owner of VIN-5222.

Over 8 years of being obsessed with the car i finally acquired one, she's still a touch red but thats soon to be removed over the winter months, engine runs but has difficulty holding idle (Rich Hutchinson has identified half the issue yesterday being the idle speed motor being seized), frame is solid with a bit of surface rust on the front extension and interior needs light restoration.

I will be vlogging as much of the restoration as i can and posting to the cars instagram page deloreangt.

hi

well done of course.

i did suspect idle motor(might free up with a strip down) , plus with no mode switch the vacuum leak to that.

also the plug thingy next to fuel distributor is not a great fit....

hopefully with those sorted she might run fine....almost there.

good look with the resto.....hopefully see that mot next year, though come October should be able to register.

Steve
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Smile 
Well done Will...now the work begins.....
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Well done mate, having an engine that runs is a major plus, minor faults can be ironed out with time.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
hi Will

yes may as well hang up those xbox controllers! (or playstation)......Delorean calls

nothing better than opening up the garage...to see a car there that nearly no one else in the UK owns!.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
(03 Aug 2021, 13:50)steve.s Wrote:
(03 Aug 2021, 11:16)theningiachicken Wrote: So the time finally come, to those who i haven't seen/ spoken to over the silverstone weekend i can officially say im now a full Delorean owner of VIN-5222.

hi

well done of course.

i did suspect idle motor(might free up with a strip down) , plus with no mode switch the vacuum leak to that.

good look with the resto.....hopefully see that mot next year, though come October should be able to register.

Steve
We tried to free up the idle motor but its completely seized so needs replacing and we plugged the vacuum with a screwdriver and it runs a little better but she requires a little timing and injection adjustment due to running lean.

Then soon on her way to a quick recovery

YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
Congratulation on your purchase Smile
Looks like you have plenty of job for the winter.
Please keep us updated Wink
(03 Aug 2021, 21:51)theningiachicken Wrote:
(03 Aug 2021, 13:50)steve.s Wrote:

hi

well done of course.

Steve
We tried to free up the idle motor but its completely seized so needs replacing and we plugged the vacuum with a screwdriver and it runs a little better but she requires a little timing and injection adjustment due to running lean.

Then soon on her way to a quick recovery

hi...at least idle motor is an easy fix!.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Well ive been busy this morning, removing the t-pannel and rear louvres and i noticed the remains of a sticker on the rear window not sure what it could have been (maybe dealership sticker?), time now to fish out the fog light cable to swap for a thicker one later on and take more interior trim out.

The pesky sun visor screws are rusted to a point that the heads are rounding off so might be a challenge to remove them. Also a few days ago i created an Instagram account for 5222, its called deloreangt if anyone wishes to see what occurs outside of YouTube (when i find a suitable tripod

Attached Files Image(s)

YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
Quote:The pesky sun visor screws are rusted to a point that the heads are rounding off so might be a challenge to remove them
At one point there was someone reproducing the brackets in S/Steel that the visors are screwed into (they are simply riveted on) Mine were in a similar condition and had to replace them. They may still be available, or have been re-produced.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
My sunvisor plates weren't perfect, but perfectly reusable after a good sanding down, cleaning up and painting. My primary objective to stop them rusting again was to make the car leak-free from rain. After the test we had over the weekend past, I can say my confidence is high now that i've achieved this. Smile
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Yeah i think my bars are ok with a bit of surface rust but the screws are shot so cant undo them, ive tried spraying wd40 on them with no result, ive tried chiselling the head off the screws but i might have to resort to drilling the screws out

YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
Working on an old car is a bit like being a doctor....."First do no harm"......In other words be very careful when first addressing any fastener......it very easy to "jigger the job up".....Check carefully to ensure you have the correct tool for the job and use it very, very carefully.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Congrats on finally living the nightmarish dream. Only 3 VINs away from mine.

WD40 just cant live up to the jobs (its more of a lube than anything else). I would advise you start using some penetrative spray instead. I use this stuff from halfords and its never let me down (no snapped studs when i changed the exhaust or any snapped bolts when going into the VOD either). Spray some and let it soak in. Do this a few times during the day for a couple of days and then try again. Also tap the head of the screw, it may help dislodge the rust. 

if youre rounding off the screw, another option using a cutting disc, is to make a line in the head and use a flat head screwdriver. I would say drilling is a potential for disaster in this area.
- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
(05 Aug 2021, 19:36)DMC1983 Wrote: Congrats on finally living the nightmarish dream. Only 3 VINs away from mine.

WD40 just cant live up to the jobs (its more of a lube than anything else). I would advise you start using some penetrative spray instead. I use this stuff from halfords and its never let me down (no snapped studs when i changed the exhaust or any snapped bolts when going into the VOD either). Spray some and let it soak in. Do this a few times during the day for a couple of days and then try again. Also tap the head of the screw, it may help dislodge the rust. 

if youre rounding off the screw, another option using a cutting disc, is to make a line in the head and use a flat head screwdriver. I would say drilling is a potential for disaster in this area.

ah right ill go get some soon, wd40 is definitely good for lubrication over seized screws/ bolts i think i have a drill tip that cuts into the screw head (makes its own fitting) and then allows it to be undone, my concern is hitting my windshield i mean its cracked around the rear mirror but id rather not have to deal with shattered glass just yet but ill give it a shot

YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk