Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Mechanic Simulator 2015 & DMC DLC
Hi all. So I'm still working on becoming an owner for the first time but in the meantime always looking to increase my general DeLorean knowledge base. I'm much more on the basic end of capable in terms of mechanics so I know I have a lot to learn moving forward.

Does anyone have any experience with the DeLorean DLC for Car Mechanic Simulator 2015? How accurate approximately is it compared to the real thing? Obviously it's just a game and is not the same as getting your hands dirty for real but would it be a real benefit for a starter prospective DeLorean owner?

I've been eying buying it on steam for a while, but today I just noticed it's on 90% sale, so I just spent £1.88 in total for the 2015 game and DMC DLC. I call that a bargain?

So, is it just a game as it's just a game? Or is it actually helpful in learning how to maintain and keep a real DeLorean? If the former, I'll give it a go and drop it after a few hours. If the latter, I'll take it a bit more seriously. It'll just be good to know going into it.

Thanks all.
I have never heard of it...... any links ?
This is the trailer for the DLC, loads more vids on youtube etc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5OH5ZypAuQ
Errrm...accurate in parts.....not my cup of tea really.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
If only it were that easy working on the car
- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
i've played with the dlc for ages, own 3 cars (1 standard, 1 time machine and a custom car) all relatively accurate with parts, lacking a bit extra detail such as fuel and coolant lines or removeable interior.
best i can say from having over 50+ hrs on the game its more suited to get a lay of the land so to speak rough idea on how parts of the car go together. no so much as useful for all knowledge on how its built
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
(26 Dec 2020, 13:57)theningiachicken Wrote: i've played with the dlc for ages, own 3 cars (1 standard, 1 time machine and a custom car) all relatively accurate with parts, lacking a bit extra detail such as fuel and coolant lines or removeable interior.
best i can say from having over 50+ hrs on the game its more suited to get a lay of the land so to speak rough idea on how parts of the car go together. no so much as useful for all knowledge on how its built

That's what I was kind of expecting, good to know for sure though, thanks.
The parts manual will be of more use than this game. After looking at a youtube video, its not greatly accurate and when a sim cant get the wheels right (should be 4 and not 5 lug nuts for example), i really wouldnt rely on its accuracy

Its good to be able to see where bits go i guess like seeing where the starter motor sits or the oil filter is but yeah.... the game is best taken with a huge grain of salt. Stick with the parts manual and tech videos on youtube
- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
(26 Dec 2020, 17:12)DMC1983 Wrote: The parts manual will be of more use than this game. After looking at a youtube video, its not greatly accurate and when a sim cant get the wheels right (should be 4 and not 5 lug nuts for example), i really wouldnt rely on its accuracy

Its good to be able to see where bits go i guess like seeing where the starter motor sits or the oil filter is but yeah.... the game is best taken with a huge grain of salt. Stick with the parts manual and tech videos on youtube

definitely agree, manuals and YouTube are the best way to go, the only advantage of this game is allowing you to swap from v6 to v8 easily unlike actual engine swaps and mess with HP output without making your own engine blow up
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
Yea that would suck!
Alloy wheels don't rust either........and I doubt that anyone would paint them brown.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(29 Dec 2020, 10:22)Chris P Wrote: Alloy wheels don't rust either........and I doubt that anyone would paint them brown.

I thought that was spray on mud like the Range Rover drivers have Smile
2015 rust graphics for the win!