Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hi, my name is Steve and have just joined the Owners Club and as of yesterday evening completed the purchase of my Delorean and it’s journey from the US should start over the next few days. I’m sure I’ll be reaching out to the forum over the next few months, so I’ll thank you all in advance now! :-)
Steve

DOC No. 1002

10023 - manual, grey interior affectionally known as Bella.

Audi Q5 

Audi A4 Convertible

Audi S5 V8 4.2L - Sold
Quote:Hi, my name is Steve and have just joined the Owners Club and as of yesterday evening completed the purchase of my Delorean and it’s journey from the US should start over the next few days. I’m sure I’ll be reaching out to the forum over the next few months, so I’ll thank you all in advance now! :-)
Exiting times, should be in time for Christmas!
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Welcome Steve...I bet you cant wait for it to arrive.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Welcome Steve, and hopefully your new car will be here soon.
What have you gone for? Manual, auto? Grey interior or black? Project car or good to go?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Welcome Steve and congratulations, santa will be rewarding you this year.

Where are you based ?
(20 Aug 2020, 20:42)Chris Williams Wrote:
Quote:Hi, my name is Steve and have just joined the Owners Club and as of yesterday evening completed the purchase of my Delorean and it’s journey from the US should start over the next few days. I’m sure I’ll be reaching out to the forum over the next few months, so I’ll thank you all in advance now! :-)
Exiting times, should be in time for Christmas!

Hi Chris, yes now begins the wait that Ryan Harvey described as torture!

(20 Aug 2020, 21:05)Chris P Wrote: Welcome Steve...I bet you cant wait for it to arrive.

Hi Chris, but in fairness I have already waited for years to get to this moment?

(20 Aug 2020, 22:03)Guinney1971 Wrote: Welcome Steve, and hopefully your new car will be here soon.
What have you gone for?  Manual, auto?  Grey interior or black?  Project car or good to go?

Hi and thank you. Manual with a grey interior. I spent a bit more to get a running one. I’d describe myself as a tinkerer rather than a mechanic hence this decision. Though from everything I’ve read about being a caretaker to a Delorean I’d better up my game with regards to my tinkering skills!

(21 Aug 2020, 08:58)er1c Wrote: Welcome Steve and congratulations, santa will be rewarding you this year.

Where are you based ?

Thank you very much. Yes potentially the best Christmas present ever! I live in Poulton-Le-Fylde which is just outside Blackpool.
Steve

DOC No. 1002

Audi Q5 

Audi A4 Convertible

Audi S5 V8 4.2L - Sold
(20 Aug 2020, 21:05)Chris P Wrote: Welcome Steve...I bet you cant wait for it to arrive.

Hi Chris,

Apologies, I just reread my reply and it sounded a bit dismissive; so I’ll try again. Thanks for the welcome and yes you are right, I can’t wait for it to arrive. I missed out one by a few seconds a few years back and have been looking off and on since dodging fraudulent sellers both here and in the US. I kept seeing non-runners in the US but it seemed too much of a gamble. My Brother-in-law ( a Lotus owner) said go for the best you can afford. So here I am $32,500 spent and playing the waiting game ?
Steve

DOC No. 1002

Audi Q5 

Audi A4 Convertible

Audi S5 V8 4.2L - Sold
(21 Aug 2020, 08:58)Steveblackshark Wrote: Hi Chris, yes now begins the wait that Ryan Harvey described as torture!

It really is. Its made worse if youre tracking the ship and even worse if it gets delayed a week in barcelona like mine did. (Im guessing you read my article in a previous issue. I need to do a follow up article soon Big Grin)

I also wouldnt worry too much about tinkering skills. Before i bought my car my only experience was doing an oil and coolant change on a ford fiesta/focus. Since owning a delorean, ive done so much work on it and got the car running. If you can follow advice and know what a spanner is, you will be fine. 

You should easily have the car by october. 6 to 8 weeks is the usual time frame.
- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
Hi, into second week of ownership, not without problems, is it just me or is Delorean life a tale of one step forward and two back? ;-)

Are there any other owners near me?, I live in Poulton-Le-Fylde which is just outside Blackpool.

Stev
Steve

DOC No. 1002

Audi Q5 

Audi A4 Convertible

Audi S5 V8 4.2L - Sold
Pics or it didn't happen Wink
More like one step forward and 10 giant leaps back  Big Grin

In all seriousness though, yes it can feel a bit like that. Im assuming you are restoring the car? If so, it will be like this for a bit but once youve gone through the gremlins and such, and that you drive it often, youll find the car can be rather reliable. Im currently using mine as my daily and even though it poured with rain today, after a 12hr shift she fired up straightaway. 

Put in the work and the rewards are bountiful. Ive driven around 300miles round trip in one day and not even a whimper. But to be fair, i have put in a lot of work and ive still got more to go. 

Talking of gremlins, mine seems to have acquired one no owner has ever had. There goes my no claims bonus...

- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
(27 Oct 2020, 23:03)DMC1983 Wrote: More like one step forward and 10 giant leaps back  Big Grin

In all seriousness though, yes it can feel a bit like that. Im assuming you are restoring the car? If so, it will be like this for a bit but once youve gone through the gremlins and such, and that you drive it often, youll find the car can be rather reliable. Im currently using mine as my daily and even though it poured with rain today, after a 12hr shift she fired up straightaway. 

Put in the work and the rewards are bountiful. Ive driven around 300miles round trip in one day and not even a whimper. But to be fair, i have put in a lot of work and ive still got more to go. 

Talking of gremlins, mine seems to have acquired one no owner has ever had. There goes my no claims bonus...

(27 Oct 2020, 23:59)Steveblackshark Wrote:
(27 Oct 2020, 23:03)DMC1983 Wrote: More like one step forward and 10 giant leaps back  Big Grin

Talking of gremlins, mine seems to have acquired one no owner has ever had. There goes my no claims bonus..
Hi, that’s ok then, I bought the car as a runner from BHCC and apart from the headlight and fog lamp conversion I thought I’d move onto more the cosmetic side of things but part way through the lights the fuel pump has gone and the indicators have stopped working. Some successes though (minor) new gas struts back and front. Gazebo going up tomorrow so actually hoping to make some progress. Wish me luck! :-)
Steve

DOC No. 1002

Audi Q5 

Audi A4 Convertible

Audi S5 V8 4.2L - Sold