Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eurofest 2021. Cancelled
(09 Jun 2020, 09:25)theningiachicken Wrote: So when do you think will be the best time to book the ferry and hotel now since everything is on hold as the organisers are very quiet since announcing the delay would it be best to book the hotel and ferry months before or once they reopen?

Hows your Crystal ball working Will?

.....my personal guess is that it will go ahead. The problem is, that the organisers will have to book venues etc well in advance.......Perhaps their crystal balls are better than ours?  Undecided
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(09 Jun 2020, 09:34)Chris P Wrote:
(09 Jun 2020, 09:25)theningiachicken Wrote: So when do you think will be the best time to book the ferry and hotel now since everything is on hold as the organisers are very quiet since announcing the delay would it be best to book the hotel and ferry months before or once they reopen?

Hows your Crystal ball working Will?

.....my personal guess is that it will go ahead. The problem is, that the organisers will have to book venues etc well in advance.......Perhaps their crystal balls are better than ours?  Undecided

they do seem to be trying their best with organising it, i wouldnt complain if it gets pushed back to june/july time as it gives them plenty of time to get prepared as i read their post on the facebook page that they cant contact some places due to them being closed so hopefully we get an update soon when we all return to normal again
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
Here's hoping! [emoji1696][emoji846]

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Thank you for signing up to be notified of ticket release for Eurofest 2021. Your interest and support in the event is very much appreciated.
Due to the current worldwide Covid 19 pandemic there are a number of aspects of the show we are still unable to finalise. We have also been discussing with our partners in the event how the ongoing effect of Covid 19 will affect how they host and accommodate events like Eurofest going forward. Unfortunately a number of our partners for the event are still closed or operating with reduced capacity for the duration of social distancing.
Due to the above we unfortunately have made the difficult decision to postpone Eurofest 2021 until a later date after 2021. Ticket release was pushed back earlier this year to allow some additional details to be finalised. At this stage we are unable to commence ticket sales with confidence of being able to deliver the event to its fullest and in a safe environment for the attendees. There are a number of factors that have lead to this difficult decision but it was not taken lightly.
An update on a rescheduled date will be announced ASAP.

Thank you for your support during these unprecedented times and further updates will be released as soon as they become available.
Regards.
Paul
eurofestdelorean@gmail.com
Bad news, but not unexpected. We can only cross our fingers hope for the best.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(15 Jul 2020, 12:18)Chris P Wrote: Bad news, but not unexpected. We can only cross our fingers hope for the best.

Glad they're aiming to still go ahead next year my guess is around September/October for it but we will run the risk of half term price hikes
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
Rob Lamrock, can I ask if you are thinking of moving Eurofest to 2022 or late 2021?

Its just that we were planning on an event for September 2021, and obviously don't want the events to clash.

I will hang fire on booking our venues (was going to do that later this week) until someone from the Eurofest team
can clarify.

Best wishes,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I would assume the phrase, if I'm not misreading it.. "postpone Eurofest 2021 until a later date after 2021" means 2022 and beyond.
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

(15 Jul 2020, 14:56)Guinney1971 Wrote: Rob Lamrock, can I ask if you are thinking of moving Eurofest to 2022 or late 2021?

Its just that we were planning on an event for September 2021, and obviously don't want the events to clash.

I will hang fire on booking our venues (was going to do that later this week) until someone from the Eurofest team
can clarify.

Best wishes,
The statement from Paul says " 
we unfortunately have made the difficult decision to postpone Eurofest 2021 until a later date after 2021." A later date after 2021 means 2022 onwards...

Hope that helps
Robert
okay Rob, thank you, I just wanted to clarify as I'd seen talk of 'later in 2021' as well as 'after 2021'.
Hi folks - just to let you know that I have seen on the official Eurofest page that they have taken the regrettable but totally understandable decision to move from a postponement of Eurofest 2022, to a complete cancellation until 2026.

Personally, whilst I'm gutted as this was what my restoration has been aiming towards, i can still absolutely understand why, I have to say. It's know it has been hard enough coordinating a UK club get together under these conditions - imagine there were multiple venues over multiple days each with separate cancellation policies, and that's before factoring in international arrivals by sea and air, perhaps from countries with differing quarantine rules, different hotels and so on. Nightmare. It'd be virtually impossible.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Thats a blow....I too had been working towards that.....
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Quote:Thats a blow...
Indeed it is, quiet amazed actually. Not a positive sign of things getting back to normal  Sad Though I am aware how difficult it has been to organise an event for the DOC to get together. Must be a bit of a minefield trying to organise a major international event.

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
oh that's sad to read, was hoping to have #2292 fixed for next year.

Can I just thank Rich and Chris W though for the help they are giving me with the 2021 DOC-UK event,
teamwork makes all the difference!