Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automatic vs Manual Transmission
Does anyone have experience of both an automatic and a manual DeLorean?  

I believe manual is more desirable and wondered why.  Are there any stand out differences (except the obvious!) E.g  does one have poorer performance, more problems etc than the other.
DavidB

VIN# - Pending
2022 Tesla Model 3 LRAWD
2019 Tesla Model 3 LRAWD
2018 Mitsubishi Outlander 5hs PHEV

They both work fine and they can both have potential problems.

The Auto's can have governor or solenoid problems, and the Manuals can have clutch /slave cylinder issues. Both are fixable and not all that common.

It boils down to your preference . Personally I prefer Manual Deloreans....but have ended up with a pair of auto's...work that one out.!

Manuals tend to be a bit more sought after, hence slightly more expensive.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I always wanted (and now own) a Grey interior manual.

But at one point, I almost went for a black interior auto. Mostly due to availability, condition and price.
As CP says, it’s personal preference.
But I bet you, when you get to the time to purchase, you won’t care what the specs are. The main thing will be that it’s the best DeLorean you can buy for your money at the time.

Another Chris P quote, “a DeLorean, is a DeLorean, is a DeLorean”
You will love it, auto or manual Smile
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
(30 Aug 2018, 21:03)TristanC Wrote: I always wanted (and now own) a Grey interior manual.

But at one point, I  almost went for a black interior auto. Mostly due to availability, condition and price.
As CP says, it’s personal preference.
But I bet you, when you get to the time to purchase, you won’t care what the specs are. The main thing will be that it’s the best DeLorean you can buy for your money at the time.

Another Chris P quote, “a DeLorean, is a DeLorean, is a DeLorean”
You will love it,  auto or manual Smile

I think that people lean towards manual as they prefer the massive  Rolleyes increase in performance!
It's not like we have a great deal of choice here in the UK and I ended up with an auto.
TBH I'm glad I have it as too many years of football and karate has left me with a twinge in my left knee.

Personally when I was scouring the markets for a D I didn't see a great deal of difference in price with the manual and auto?

I'm ok with the thought of owning an auto rather than a manual.
Vin 11789 (probably #50 of the Middle East batch of 50)