Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
re who are you guys shipping with these days?
Hi All

my Delorean purchase may be getting closer....who have you used to ship from the US (was it transworld shipping or something)

my shippers years ago were pretty hopeless!.

and i have been trying to work out how if i can insure the payement, or a shippers that pays the client on collection, as that is many thousands of miles to risk your £10k to £20k!

any thoughts?.

Thank you

Steve
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
TGAL, (Trans Global) are still popular so are Hill shipping. Have heard good and mediocre reports on both.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
(10 Jun 2017, 14:38)steve.s Wrote: Hi All

my Delorean purchase may be getting closer....who have you used to ship from the US (was it transworld shipping or something)

my shippers years ago were pretty hopeless!.

and i have been trying to work out how if i can insure the payement, or a shippers that pays the client on collection, as that is many thousands of miles to risk your £10k to £20k!

any thoughts?.

Thank you

Steve

I used Trans Global Auto Logistics last year, and had great service, mine was a runner and came via a car transporter. 

Did as much research as I could to check the car and made sure it had a valid title, paid the money direct to previous owner and it arrived exactly as described, which was a relief!

Ian
Ian Beattie, Cumbria
Vin#2703 Aug 81 manual with black interior, grooved hood and gas flap
DOC 875
I used TGAL (admittedly in 2002), they were great and picked my car up as a non runner from San Diego, transported it to Long Beach and then arranged for it to be in a 46ft container (with 2 other cars to spread the cost) and #2292 came to the UK on the Hapag Lloyd 'Singapore Express' via the Panama Canal.
My only issue was that the ship went into Thamesport, but then the container went to Tilbury for 'devanning', so I had to deal with Tilbury Customs rather then Thamesport Customs, it delayed me picking the car up by about a week.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie