Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another "gullwing" ?
Hi All,

we were at a Vauxhall meet at the VBOA Heritage Centre in Luton on Sunday, and whilst going round the museum, spotted this:

[Image: xvr.jpg]

Its called the XVR Concept, and was created in 1966 by Vauxhall's then Head of Design, David Jones. The XVR Concept was based on a back bone chassis, and was powered by the 74bhp 1595cc 4cyl engine from the Vauxhall VX4/90.

Bit different, eh! Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
That's very nice. The pointed nose and split windscreen especially. I may have to steal it for my design work....
This Mercedes 300SL with Gullwing doors is dated 1954:

[Image: 250px-1955_Mercedes-Benz_300SL_Gullwing_Coupe_34.jpg]
Aaron May

DOC: 573
VIN: 16723 - the LPG delorean

1999 Corsa 1.2L GLS Auto

The Wii-Master!
The first picture looks like a 1973 Chevrolet Corvette with gullwing doors......., and seeing as the DeLorean was meant to be a direct competitor against the Corvette for the american market, it looks like the designer of this car has kept that in mind and spliced them together.... but thats impossible if it was designed in 1966... LOL :?
cool yellow vaux car i wounder what kitt from knight rider would look like with gulwing doors
hhhmmmmm
REG DMJ 287X
CLUB MEM. NO. 554
VIN NO. 05583

HEY LAZER LIPS!!!....
YOUR MUMMA WAS A SNOW BLOWER!!!.....
When i went to Le-man last June. There was a classic car race throughout the weekend. One of the cars that was racing was a little thing called a Panhard. It had gull wing doors also. I have a photo but i don't know how to put it on here so you'll just have to imagine it. It was Navy blue and looked a bit like an old Saab but with the old gull wings. It was very slow and didn't win anything but entertaining all the same.
Dan. The tree man
Not here for a long time. Just here for a good time
Live up to all you know. Nothing more. Nothing less
DOC 219
vin. 4986
Eleanor