Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear Fog Light
hi Tracey

please don't take this as a critism...but is it worth changing that fog light.

mine although not on the road yet, i have fitted a red bulb in the right reverse light, so looks stock.

perfectly mot legal.

also i used to import plenty of cars from Japan, and for those i used to fit a very small (motorbike) led strip about 3 inches long, just under the bumper central.

again mot legal.

just wandered.

nice exhaust.

was your old one shot, or is it an ebayer!!.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
hi was thinking of changeing that back light seems a bit too square to me, :wink: ps i have the back box which i`m gonna sell on,

steve.s Wrote:hi Tracey

please don't take this as a critism...but is it worth changing that fog light.

mine although not on the road yet, i have fitted a red bulb in the right reverse light, so looks stock.

perfectly mot legal.

also i used to import plenty of cars from Japan, and for those i used to fit a very small (motorbike) led strip about 3 inches long, just under the bumper central.

again mot legal.

just wandered.

nice exhaust.

was your old one shot, or is it an ebayer!!.
cheers tracey
vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421
Delorean Dream within a Dream
roll on eurotec 2009 love you all
[Image: covercarpics034.jpg]

[Image: mybanner48c1296704f7enw1.jpg]
I Dont know why you got a fog light anyway
the cars wernt fitted with them so you dont have to have one
Mine has not got one and the mot man said ok and it passed
so i wouldnt bother if ya check the info on the roads and law i think your find
it says if your car is fitted with fog lights then they must work
but if it doent then you dont have to
epending on the age of your car but i think from 1980 upto a certain point cars never were fittted with them

i never
REG DMJ 287X
CLUB MEM. NO. 554
VIN NO. 05583

HEY LAZER LIPS!!!....
YOUR MUMMA WAS A SNOW BLOWER!!!.....
From memory cars from August 81 must have a fog lamp. My car (Oct 1981) had a separate fog lamp like how Marty's currently is.

I personally think the separate unit looks untidy and highlights the fact that the car is an import. The best solution I think is what I had done to mine when I bought it which is to wire up the inner pair of brake lights to become DUAL fog lamps when required. The illuminated activation switch is located underneath the right hand side dummy switch next to the cigar ligher. I find this works really well and in 6 years I have only needed to use them maybe a half dozen times... Big Grin
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
I wonder where this is written down for the MOT testers .. be good to have a copy if this is correct so I too can get rid of my rear fog lump sorry light Smile
MOT stations always say to me that I have to wait in the waiting room but then keep asking:-
how do you open the engine cover?
how do you activate the head lamps?
how do you activate the fog lamps?
blah blah blah Big Grin
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
wiring up the foglamps like this used to be in the members area of the club website I think...
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
My car had its MOT last week and passed fine..... My MOT inspector said that the car didn't need rear fog lamps, nor did it need hazard warning lamps. I think some of the more educated testers know exactly what the crack is, then you get a different tester who's out to fail your car from the start. I've worked in many places that do MOT tests, and on one occasion, I remember a 10 inch heel bar wasn't enough to tear holes the underside of an older car, so the tester told his apprentice to go and get him a bigger bar! Thats criminal damage surely? "Get the old shit off the road", he used to say. No one would argue with him, he's the tester after all! LOL
Chris Hawes Wrote:MOT stations always say to me that I have to wait in the waiting room but then keep asking:-
how do you open the engine cover?
how do you activate the head lamps?
how do you activate the fog lamps?
blah blah blah Big Grin

Smile Yes i remember a receptionist asking me if i could go through to the workshop to show the tester how to get out of the car. ... :roll:
Three years on its the same tester and I hang around the workshop 'helping' him out Smile
huh.

"The inspection of rear fog lamps is confined to the one rear fog lamp which is required to be fitted to the centre or offside of vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1980."

according to:
http://www.ukmot.com/1-1.asp
but then, i suppose you're right in that it's pretty arbitrary the way they test these things.

I've been bothering myself in trying to figure out a wiring diagram in my head for the fog lights:

to wire up the inner brake lights to come on when a switch is depressed in the centre console only when the dip beam headers are on (required?) and giving a tell tail on the dash (lambda light position - again, required?).

my car is an April 81 build, BTW.
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
my foglamps can be activated no matter what the ignition or headlamps are doing.
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
what did you tap into to get the power?
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
I don't know what all the fuss is about..... I'm proud of mine! :lol:

[Image: 5662209.jpg]

Its what the yanks would do!

Mr. P
By the way, theres a prize for who can guess which is the one that works!
TheOriginalMrP Wrote:By the way, theres a prize for who can guess which is the one that works!

LOL !

The one on the roof ??? Smile