Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delorean Filming South East England Area
alexadams1 Wrote:
bozzzydmc Wrote:There again , the media is far diverse than it was in the 80's with satellite / TV , the internet and a larger coverage of printed media round the world than back then.

I didn't think about that Smile

Yours young people Today, yours do not know how well of yours are with all that info at a click of a mouse. :lol: :lol:
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

[Image: DSC_0112-1.jpg]
Live the Dream today, Because I did it yesterday.
lol, kids today, dont know they're born lol :lol:

......... hang on, wernt my parents saying that to me 20 years ago.... :roll:

To think, in my first job, I had a Canon AP350 ELECTRIC typewriter with the rather funky daisy wheel and on board 3.5" disk drive - and a little LCD display so that I could scan through what I'd typed before printing it, I had to use a Telex Machine for sending messages round the world, and the 'car phone' in my bosses brand new Ford Orion 1.6i Ghia was the size of a small country in North Africa! :lol:

And then I'd go home and play Atic Atac on my Spectrum 48K or tune into one of only 4 channels on my black and white portable telly - which I had to get up and walk over to so that I could change channel or turn it off! And if the telly was uninspiring, then I'd play records and tapes on my Matsui Midi system with all of 4 watts (and mum still moaned about the 'dum dum dum' noise from the stereo :lol: )

Ah, happy days! Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
HA HA HA HA

i was born 1974 The 80s were the best years of my life i grew up with the first showings of stuff on tv

Knight rider, Airwolf, A team (oh god why has it taken this long to get them all on dvd)

Anyway um Back to the future i was there first showing in cinema and i think Ghostbusters was out great stuff to do and at home

Commodore 64 with disk drive loads of games and funky demos some are still wierd today but wont go into those uuuurrrrrr

big trax
lots of Knight rider toys
i even had that wrist watch that looked like the one on the show they used to be in argos for £17.50

now on ebay if ya lucky sometimes reaching 200 quid
whats all that about its only a little casio watch
strange me thinks

even that big trax thing loads of money now
its wonderfull that RETRO thing came back i loved the 80s mate dont you.......
REG DMJ 287X
CLUB MEM. NO. 554
VIN NO. 05583

HEY LAZER LIPS!!!....
YOUR MUMMA WAS A SNOW BLOWER!!!.....
[Image: 1595593.jpg]

Yeh things seemed a lot simpler back then ....

Oh well ... Back to 2007... Things are better now arnt they ???....
Honestly

No

petrol is expensive it was nice and cheap back then, so bring back the 80s well the good bits of it anyway
ah the wispa bar HHHHmmmmmmm
REG DMJ 287X
CLUB MEM. NO. 554
VIN NO. 05583

HEY LAZER LIPS!!!....
i remember when petrol was 98p per gallon, nice ,but not when i used to take home £34.69, i still remember that figure and i saved up for my first motorcycle on that :lol: TT ps and hit a taxi up the arse after 2 days, my god i was good :lol:
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
I filled up with Shell's new V-power (new Optimax) as a treat tonight and cost me £1.04 per litre.... whoah... this is heavy!
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
be VERY careful with these new 'optimax' type fuels!

I know of 2 DeLoreans who's injectors have been buggered up by using this type of fuel.

It basically 'cleans' the fuel system, and in the process moves all the sh1t in your fuel to your injectors and cloggs them up.

Luckilly, we own and ultrasonic cleaner, and sorted Rich's injectors out after they were ruined by BP Ultimate.

Please, DO NOT use premium fuels (optimax, etc) in your DeLoreans, as it will screw up your injectors at £40 each.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
That's interesting reading. In this case I was topping 50% off with the v-power but in the past I have used a fair amount of the Optimax. I guess my internals are pretty gunk free otherwise I would have been going through lots of injectors....

Anyone else use the high performance fuels and had problems?
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Being a tight yorkshire man, I only buy the regular unleaded !

I do have an injector/ tester if anyone needs thier injectors testing.
I lent this and my fuel pressure testing stuff, spare ignition amplifier and spare idle ecu to help diagnose Richs running problems.

NickT.
Well i never i have never heard of a tight yorkshire man never

i hate them scotch locks there for boggers only
BT use them

hheeeeeehhheeeeehhhhheeee

ive heard of tight scots but never never a yorkshire man

i have good friends in wakefield
REG DMJ 287X
CLUB MEM. NO. 554
VIN NO. 05583

HEY LAZER LIPS!!!....
No, being called a tight yorkshire man is common unfortunatly. In fact everyone I work with referes to a yorkshirman (me) as; "a Scotsman with the genrosity squezzed out" Cry cant imagine where they get that impression Shock
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Claire Usher Wrote:be VERY careful with these new 'optimax' type fuels!

I know of 2 DeLoreans who's injectors have been buggered up by using this type of fuel.

It basically 'cleans' the fuel system, and in the process moves all the sh1t in your fuel to your injectors and cloggs them up.

Luckilly, we own and ultrasonic cleaner, and sorted Rich's injectors out after they were ruined by BP Ultimate.

Please, DO NOT use premium fuels (optimax, etc) in your DeLoreans, as it will screw up your injectors at £40 each.

Just a thought, i used super unleaded when my car was first on the road, it was then left for a month, and a couple of weeks later the acumilator hose split and i had to get it picked up by the rac, the hose was changed from the same batch of hose and it has been fine for 2 years, but i have never used super since, coincidence possibly but i blame super unleaded.

TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
tc ozzie Wrote:Well i never i have never heard of a tight yorkshire man never

i hate them scotch locks there for boggers only
BT use them

hheeeeeehhheeeeehhhhheeee

ive heard of tight scots but never never a yorkshire man

i have good friends in wakefield

I live in Wakefield !

Give me a call next time you are up here.

NickT.
yeah ok will do
do you know my friends
tim and marcia mellor
the live in field lane,thornes

its were i bought my pontiac firebird from about 3-4 year ago now and we still in touch it was really nice to buy the car from them and we made friends and stayed in contact ever scince

but yeah i give ya a shout nextt time im there
they do a wakefield meet at the burger king there it used to be in leeds but its changed now i was up there last year some time
REG DMJ 287X
CLUB MEM. NO. 554
VIN NO. 05583

HEY LAZER LIPS!!!....