Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delorean Owners Club UK Forum
Again sorry to harp on, but. There are free to view forums out there, why would any one who only wants to view Delorean related forums join the UK DOC just to view/post on our forum?
I do agree though that certain parts ie; technical/parts x ref/parts/cars for sale should be accessed only with password/granted permission. Whatever is easiest to run for the forum administrator.
This way we get the best of both worlds, an incentive to join to access information and a place to chat and get to know the friendly members of the DOC Big Grin
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I was trying to explain that I have tested the easiest method of implementing any forum access prior to the NEC so can be assured that the measures can be put in place easily in readiness for the next forum administrator. This is to easy implement the different user access to xparts, for sale etc etc IF it was to be agreed by the club as the way forward.

Obviously this sounds like it would be a healthy discussion at the AGM.

Maybe a vote of some sort can be done (via the forum?) prior to the AGM as not all members will be physically there. Not all would pay the NEC entrance fee of the classic car show to submit a vote.

Regards,

NickT.
Good point ....That is probably a good time to discuss when the AGM should be held and where. Especially when there are larger gatherings of members throughout the year now.
At the end of the day the club is not out to make a profit, just 'pay its way' and try to hold bigger and better events such as the NEC and EuroTec.

Without the people who choose to join and continue to pay the membership none of this will happen. And without the 'free' support of people like Dave Howarth, Glen Hale , NickT, Phil Peters etc etc etc the club wouldnt be able to 'give back' what it does now. And yes we have lots of overseas friends who we do not want to 'alienate' or exclude from our discussions or gatherings.

When you consider the 4 magazines , membership card and car stickers, this forum / Website / Tech Help and the 2 main events we hold ( both of which are open to anyone club members or not) It is very good value for money. Hence the need for a discussion on the clubs future direction.

You only have to look at the cost of DeLorean related events in other countries to realise the work the DOC and its 'paying' members.

Oh and im sending out yet another 30 subs reminders today, even that is starting to cost a lot Sad
As a thought, (although it will cost in stamps Etc) we could have a sort of ballot. In that within the next newsletter that is sent out to paying members we could enclose an A4 slip of paper and replypaid envelope with the different options for the forum with tickboxes alongside, plus anything else that we decide on requiring a 'vote' on that way we may get a responce from all the paying members as to how the club should go for the forum and anything else as appropriate. (Just a thought BTW)
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
maybe if there's room on the next, or next next issue of the magazine, you could include a half page ballot tear off slip deal for people to return (envelope, cost?) with their choice.

we would of course have to limit the choices initially to only afew options for people to vote on..
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
It's worth bearing in mind in terms of voting via the forum that there are still a good proportion of paid up DOC members who are not computer savvy and/or don't visit DeLorean forums.

Issue 38 of DeLorean News has literally just been sent to the printers yesterday.

Bozzy, if you can liase with Dave Howarth we might be able to get a simple home-printed / photocopied A4 sheet out with the magazines to highlight this discussion to members prior to the AGM. I imagine a single A4 page won't cause any dramatic change in postage costs. I don't mind doing the design work for this document it if need be. Just let me know mate.

Also, remember that A4 fold-out flyer we had on the stand at the NEC last year? I'm going to produce another batch of those for the NEC this year but I need to ammend the membership costs. This time last year the prices were:

Membership: £20 (£25 for overseas)
Membership with 4 back issues of the mag: £30 (£40 overseas)

What are the costs this year?
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Phil Peters Wrote:It's worth bearing in mind in terms of voting via the forum that there are still a good proportion of paid up DOC members who are not computer savvy and/or don't visit DeLorean forums.

Issue 38 of DeLorean News has literally just been sent to the printers yesterday.

Bozzy, if you can liase with Dave Howarth we might be able to get a simple home-printed / photocopied A4 sheet out with the magazines to highlight this discussion to members prior to the AGM. I imagine a single A4 page won't cause any dramatic change in postage costs. I don't mind doing the design work for this document it if need be. Just let me know mate.

Also, remember that A4 fold-out flyer we had on the stand at the NEC last year? I'm going to produce another batch of those for the NEC this year but I need to ammend the membership costs. This time last year the prices were:

Membership: £20 (£25 for overseas)
Membership with 4 back issues of the mag: £30 (£40 overseas)

What are the costs this year?

Hi Phil

And likewise a large proportion of DOC members dont attend or even stay for the AGM at the NEC. Yes i agree something to highlight this discussion is needed along with any sugestions to date. Also really all members should be given the chance to vote in its officials too. So if anyone would like to come forward for any of the exisiting positions please can you do so . Yes please, can you draft something up Phil ?, I can get this printed and sent to Dave H for inclusion in the mag.

Membership: £25 (£30 for overseas)
Membership with 4 back issues of the mag: £35 (£45 overseas)
i like to do events or helper to the event orgoniser

( i think thats how it is spelt )
Hi All, a few comments. I dont get time to "log on" all that often, so may be a bit out of date.
We have many club members, owners and not, who dont use a computer. I suppose Dave Howarth is a prime example. Without a magazine and or newsletters, they would be completly cut off.
In order to produce any sort of mag., we need subs. Thats a fact. If we want to be an "electric only" club, we could be, with very little money needed to cover internet costs. However we have always been an "inclusive" club. Thats the way I would like to see us continue as such.

The internet IS vital to any modern club and is a good recruting tool to the main club. I agree withe many points raised. Let non "Paid up" folk see most, but not all of the website and forum. But they can only make "posts" if they are paid up club members. I personally would like to insist of proper names used as signatures. This would help keep things friendly and open and above board. Just my opinion. Chris Parnham.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Well i'm in Chrispy's tent on this one.
Dan. The tree man
Not here for a long time. Just here for a good time
Live up to all you know. Nothing more. Nothing less
DOC 219
vin. 4986
Eleanor
Quote:Hi Phil

And likewise a large proportion of DOC members dont attend or even stay for the AGM at the NEC. Yes i agree something to highlight this discussion is needed along with any sugestions to date. Also really all members should be given the chance to vote in its officials too. So if anyone would like to come forward for any of the exisiting positions please can you do so . Yes please, can you draft something up Phil ?, I can get this printed and sent to Dave H for inclusion in the mag.

Bozzy,
do you want me to draft up an Agenda for the AGM to be included too?
Do we have a list of formal nomiations for the comittee posts that are up for (re)election? Is it also worth drafting up some sort of ballot paper for folks who wont be at the AGM but would like to vote for a candidate?
Cheers,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Claire Usher Wrote:
Quote:Hi Phil

Bozzy,
do you want me to draft up an Agenda for the AGM to be included too?
Do we have a list of formal nomiations for the comittee posts that are up for (re)election? Is it also worth drafting up some sort of ballot paper for folks who wont be at the AGM but would like to vote for a candidate?
Cheers,

That sounds like a great idea Claire, could you let me have your thoughts when you get a moment.

Thanks for the ideas .
Quote:That sounds like a great idea Claire, could you let me have your thoughts when you get a moment.
Thanks for the ideas .

All done matey, just emailed em over to you.

Cheers,

Claire
Secretary to Hon. Secretary
DeLorean Owners Club UK
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Just another input:

Some car clubs' forum have limited amount of PM space for non paying members (e.g. 5 at max), and a wealthy amount for paid members (e.g. 20 or more).
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]