Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pilot 20 Restoration Pictures
Carl Hammond Wrote:WOW !

Stunning...simply stunning...

You guys have a real gift, the stainless panels look absolutely incredible!

I can't wait to see the car 'in the metal'.

Loving the plates too! Big Grin

I agree Carl - I saw P20 a few weeks back, and the transformation from the car I saw, to where it is now, is amazing.

I know that Flopsy (and your car) are in the best possible hands right now Big Grin - in fact, there are very few people who I'd actually trust to work on my car nowadays.

Seeya soon,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Claire Usher Wrote:
Carl Hammond Wrote:WOW !

Stunning...simply stunning...

You guys have a real gift, the stainless panels look absolutely incredible!

I can't wait to see the car 'in the metal'.

Loving the plates too! Big Grin

I agree Carl - I saw P20 a few weeks back, and the transformation from the car I saw, to where it is now, is amazing.

I know that Flopsy (and your car) are in the best possible hands right now Big Grin - in fact, there are very few people who I'd actually trust to work on my car nowadays.

Seeya soon,

Hey Claire! Big Grin

I know what you mean, especially after a couple of dodgy experiences with the local Quick-fit guys (don't ask)...

My car's only been with PJ Grady's for a week, and I know she's in the best possible hands.

Being limited with the time, opportunities and more than anything the skills to do the job, I knew the best thing to do was to hand her over to the experts, and it just so happens they had a transporter going right past my door that week! :wink:

It was completely the right decision, as I have already learnt a lot more about the car, which I may never have discovered myself. There is also a bit more work to be carried out than expected (nothing major), but with a bit of TLC I'll eventually have a really nice example DeLorean. Big Grin

I've said to Darren and the team, that the time, help, advice, support and hard work which they have already put in to the car is incredible. I have been really impresssed with the honesty, knowledge, skills and sheer speed that they have worked and all in such a short space of time too. I feel supremely confident that she's in the best possible hands.

Claire, feel free to have a butchers around 11777 when you pick up Flopsy, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I wonder if they've been introduced to each other yet? (oh God, ignore me, I'm really losing it now!) :lol:
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
VIN#11777 (don't ask!!) Sad
Norfolk
Thanks for the kind words.

The interior trim is pretty much completed now by Nick Fulcher - so that will all be back in the car next weekend.
Bodywork is pretty much done bar painting the rear fascia.

Main fun and games has been trying to register a 1980 build DeLorean - as all insurance companies and the DVLA only show 1981,2,3 as valid build years.

The DVLA decided to register it as 1/1/1981 with a declared build date of 1980 - to get around the various systems.

It was actually built on May 5th 1980.

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
Cant wait to see it all finished. It's a real credit to you both for taking on such a project and restoring the car to (probably better than) former glory Big Grin Whats the plan for the car when it's finished? keep as a show car or sell it on? if you don't mind me asking?
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Thanks Chris,

I was going to bolt a BTTF kit on it!

Actually - getting it to the show is just the first stage. When we get some clear air - it'll have a full frame off restoration and engine rebuild.
There's a lot of work to do in getting the car exactly as it was (or at least how it 'should' have been) originally.
The car will also be going to Lotus HQ at some point soon, and will spend some time with a few of the engineers who worked on it originally.

There's no intention to sell the car. It'll be used sparingly for events, etc - along with the Legend car - when it eventually arrives over here.

There's a couple of other rare/unique DeLoreans I'm after at the moment...but no intention of selling this one.

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
PJ Grady (Europe) Wrote:The DVLA decided to register it as 1/1/1981 with a declared build date of 1980 - to get around the various systems.
It was actually built on May 5th 1980.
Darren

May 1980......... so really, it should have a 'V' Suffix Plate then, instead of the 'W' it will get issued with.

I guess there's nothing to stop you buying a cheap V reg to put on it if you wanted to make it 'look correct' Big Grin

Hows Flopsy? Still naked and full of satanic scotchlocks? :wink:
hay claire
i went down to gradys on wed and saw the very sorry flopsy or sould i say the very naked sorry flopsy and took some pics of her whilest i was there i sabotaged your radio YOU NO WHY but it looks like they are making head way with her

cheers Tyson (hana 5284)
haha, sorry mate, but my radio has a secret enigma code that only allows R2, R4 and Classic FM Tongue

I cant believe you have photos of my naked Flopsy!! Shock

My poor baby...... Sad

Darren wont send me any pics, but he's gonna do a 'photo restoration' CD for me Smile
Claire Usher Wrote:I cant believe you have photos of my naked Flopsy!! Shock

My poor baby...... Sad

There there Claire, dont you worry everything will be ok ... # hugs#

They have to be cruel to be kind ..

Smile Smile
so claire how much are the pics worth to you????
hana 5284 Wrote:so claire how much are the pics worth to you????

lol, I know I'd love to see a piccy of her, but I'll wait until I actually
see her again.

Cheers matey,
..................... YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR MISSING.........................
.....two wings, front and rear fascia, a hood, quarter panels, some scotchlocks....
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
...but they can rebuild her, because they have the capability to make the worlds first ....
PJ Grady (Europe) Wrote:.....two wings, front and rear fascia, a hood, quarter panels, some scotchlocks....

Smile well at least those frickin scotchlocks are gone - which means my intermittent headlights will be gone too!! Big Grin

Darren, I've still got those track rod ends to send down to you, I guess they can be fitted whilst you're doing all the front suspension and lower control arm bushes?

Cheers,