Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
locked in hana to fat to get out HELP
Hi all went out tonight and got locked in my D .The door handle dosn't seem to be pulling the mechanism back fare enough and i can't ajust it at all. I dont know if i need to get the bottom pannel off the get to the right bit if so how do i get it off with the door shut .Can anyone help??????
cheers Tyson (hana 5284)
You can pop off the top bit of door trim (the big leather bit under the window), which is easier with the window open - just "yank" upwards. This, if I'm not mistaken, should allow enough access to get at the door opening mechanism.
just had a look at it in the day light and i think it is some think to do with the central locking switch or somethink under the bottom panel just no quite sure if i can get the bottom panel off with the door shut??????Any suggestions!!!!
Hey Tyson,

If you can get yourself over that centre console - and drive it down to us, we can take a look at it.

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
cheers darren but i will see if i can fix it here thanks for the offer though i realy appreciate it its just that its a 4 or 5 hour round trip to canvey island from here and ive got to be at the shop all day today and sat and i want to try to get it sorted for donnington sunday but thats anyway

speek to you soon
Tyson and (hana 5285)
Just a thought Darren you wouldn't have a diagram of the inside of the door panel would you with all the mechanisms workings so i could see what dose what would you
cheers
Sounds odd but try the following.

Put your key in the drivers door, turn and hold it in the unlock position and raise the door handle (the one on the outside obviously)

This worked when my locks occasionally stuck

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
ayup studmuffin!! Big Grin

Hows 'kuc' these days?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Claire,

KUC is ok, just 2 more peices of trim to put back in and she's good to go.

I'm just holding off putting it back on the road as I don't have anyplace to keep
the car other than my parents which is a bit out of the way.

I can't see anything that would fail the MOT and the insurance costs have tumbled
since I last insured it so fingers crossed i can get her back on the road fairly soon.

I am hoping to move house next year and get a place with a garage.

James RG
DeLorean 5462 & The Med BBQ Hilux
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
I am now the king of door mechanisms WAHOO back in hana only took me 9 hours