Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOC Club Calendar
Was just talking to a chap who was sorting out photos for putting together his Marlin club calendar.

Just set my mind working.

Has anyone any experience of publishing at all? Limited edition run of DOC club calendars?

We could all submit a few photos and the lucky person selects 12 of the best...

Just an idea to drop into the collective mental microwave, see if it defrosts for a while...
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
i quite like the idea, i know one of the yanks make one via cafepress (which i think is cheap and nasty, lol) but it could be possible if its a viable cost at the printers and enough want them.
DOC 527
Vin #10264
I do recall a discussion between various DOC members a month or two back (admittedly in a pub) about a DeLorean calender..........

One that involves club members, their cars, and "strategically placed" items :wink:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
MikeH Wrote:i quite like the idea, i know one of the yanks make one via cafepress (which i think is cheap and nasty, lol) but it could be possible if its a viable cost at the printers and enough want them.

http://www.cafepress.com/dmc12.74213589

This is one i have submitted a picture to over the last couple of years, the quality of the calender is very good.

Not entirley sure but i think they only print what you sell so you dont end up with a stock of unsold items..

June was a good month .... Wink lol
spose its better than nothing, it depends if you want to put some in for the american one there having done or just do an exclusive docuk one, lol
DOC 527
Vin #10264
If anyone wants to, lets get some pictures together and I'll produce one.

Anyone up for it then ?

Dan
Well I think this its a good idea if someone wants to look into doing one?

Maybe someone could have a word with Mary Hooper? if we want to go down the cafe press type route, that way we are not actually stocking this in club stocks that might not possibly sell.

I do like the US one , i just have to remember to take no notice of the Bank holidays etc Smile .. but nice pictures and quality paper etc

EDIT:-

Cheers Dan Smile , can you please keep Mary H informed of what you find out about producing one /come up with.
I think its an excellent idea - would we be able to produce them in time for the NEC? That would be a good place to sell them, but I think they would need to sell for under £10 each to be able to shift them quick enough. I reckon that we should be able to sell 250 easily bearing in mind the number of club members, plus also visitors to the NEC that buy regalia.
Good idea. I'll try to tap up the guy from the Marlin club see where he gets his done. The NEC in Nov. would be the ideal time to sell them...
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
I have had some done before.

They work out at £11.99 for upto 25 then Just over £10 each after that.

If you want them done then let me know, Just need good quality Hi-Res Picts. Anything over 1280*1024 is good enough.

I can preview online before any are printed so it can be OK'ed before going to press.

Dan
sounds like a plan!

how would we do it tho......... would we have, say, a July vin for July, Aug vin for August, etc (bearing in mind that some months may be harder to match up), or would it be better to have an owner and their car on the owners birthday month (with maybe a few words about each car)?

Baggsie me (and Phill) for March! Big Grin
I was simply thinking of going along with the most aesthetic pictures judged of their individual merits at the (unbiased?!!!) decision of the editor - Dan? - obviously any with snow on would make good January/ December pictures though!!!

R
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
lol - good idea Rich Big Grin

I've got a photo from last Xmas of 'Festive Flopsy' covered in tinsel :wink:

Talking of which..........Costco have been selling Xmas decorations since the beginning of the month.......talk about rubbing in what a crap summer we've had! :roll:
Ok Sounds good to me. If It's ok with the club I'll do the lay out.

If you want to send me pictures of your D's email me at

dan@gt3esprit.co.uk

Send me a few of the car, as some pages can have multiple shots on it so a front and rear shot would be good.

Dan
yeah but can i be in it as well dan TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor