Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"electroplating paint job" - red Delorean on ebay.
well this car came and went again. 'sold' for $7,100.00.

I didn't receive any photos of the driver's side of the car, nor proper shots of the frame. I have a feeling that the frame may be pretty bad underneath, so i was going to pass anyway. plus it went for much more that it was worth with a good frame.

If you look at the trailing arms (and most of the under-arch parts) they've been painted and look to be pretty ba if you can make out underneath, so god knows what the rest is like...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... :AAQ:US:11
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
mmmm something not quite right there...someones gone mad with the Grey paint on the rear frame. calipers , springs. And if the cars not been used since 1992 why has someone put some DMCH adjustable shockers on the rear...oh look the old shocks are in the front footwell Smile I would have thought they would spend the cash on getting the car running...
Chris Spratt

Ex owner of Vin#16327 Grey 5 Speed was FLE 371Y
1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
yep.

i received a picture of the underside rear of the enigne, too. didn't look to healthy Sad

they've also been busy with the power window actuators as you can see

if you look at the one of the shocks, it's not secured and the main bolt at the bottom is only just holding it all together. if the wheel gets put on the car and the car gets put on the wheel i can see the whole thing dropping. Sad

I'm not ragging on the owner or the car, but it's not worth 7100 (even if the frame's in good nick, which I don't think it will be)

oh, i got a quote on the shipping, if anyone was interested:

$1700 from door to port (Southampton)
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193