Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to Universal Studios?
Hi,
I've been a member for a few years now, but haven't got around to posting much on the forum, so here goes...

Anyone planning on going to Universal studios before the ride closes?
I will be there on the 15th & 16th of Aug. I always promised myself that I'd go there one day ( for the past 15 years) - and I wasn't going to miss ridin' the ride.

Some interesting photos from last Thursday here :-

http://www.bttfparts.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1291

Wonder if they'll let me walk around the infamous 'Boneyard' - nice KITT project car!

Cheers
Stu
I think, as I understood it the ride has now closed at both US locations Cry
I have been fortunate enough to have been on both the Florida and the California one, it's a great shame such a popular ride. Although I think there may be one in Japan? thats still open? I'm sure I stand to be corrected though :roll:
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
i went on my own ride the weekend, and that will never close :wink:
TT (im on about my car by the way :lol: )
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
I HOPE I CAN BUY THAT DELROEAN IN THERE LOOKS LIKE IT COULD DO WITH A LITTLE LOVE AND CARE

LETS THINK WHATS THE PHONE NO ???........ :?
Chris & Suz Williams Wrote:I think, as I understood it the ride has now closed at both US locations Cry
I have been fortunate enough to have been on both the Florida and the California one, it's a great shame such a popular ride. Although I think there may be one in Japan? thats still open? I'm sure I stand to be corrected though :roll:
Chris

Its closing on September 4th . The Japan ride is pretty new I think, who else thinks there should be one in Europe - Especially in the UK? Big Grin

Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
yea more like in the midlands in my back yard Big Grin
Stuart Rees Wrote:
Chris & Suz Williams Wrote:I think, as I understood it the ride has now closed at both US locations Cry
Chris

Its closing on September 4th . The Japan ride is pretty new I think, who else thinks there should be one in Europe - Especially in the UK? Big Grin

Stu

everyone write to alton towers, lol. Say if they do it the docuk will be there to help open itTongue
DOC 527
Vin #10264
sounds like a plan Mike!! we dont live far from there !! Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hi,

Here are some pics of my trip to Universal Hollywood Big Grin , I finally got around to uploading them.

http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc216/stuart6852/

Will add more when I get a chance.

The studio tour was definetely the best part, I recommend the VIP tour where you can walk around the prop dept - where there are plenty of BTTF2 props hanging up. It was cool seeing so many familiar sets up close. Unfortunately the Hill Valley square was closed due to filming of the ghost whisperer.

There was a 'Sweepstakes' Delorean that they were giving away, but you had to be a US citizen to enter :? It needed work too

Dan, I didn't have much time to go to Venice beach (ran out of time & money) I'm sure there were a few Deloreans 'hidden' away in garages down there. I did see one in the driveway of a house in the middle of Hollywood (when I was on a tour bus) it was parked up with flat tyres Sad
Plus there were a couple of Ds on display at the studios.

There's plenty more to see over there so I'll have to save up & go back some day.

all the best
Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
hi

i,m counting the days down know until i goto florida and meet the film cast for my 30th 8) :lol:
Glen & Sam Wrote:hi

i,m counting the days down know until i goto florida and meet the film cast for my 30th 8) :lol:
30th what? :lol:
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

[Image: DSC_0112-1.jpg]
Live the Dream today, Because I did it yesterday.
neal Wrote:
Glen & Sam Wrote:hi

30th what? :lol:

well it aint redbull - he's living proof that he's had more then 30 of those!! :lol:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie