Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyre sizes?
Morning all, Big Grin

Can anyone tell me what size the D's front & rear tyres are please?

I realise that I can find this info on the sticker in the glove box, but I am stuck at work at the min and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for with a quick google!

The reason for asking is that I noticed Kwik-fit are currently offering 25% off if you buy a set of 4 Pirellis, might be worth a looksie! :wink:

Thanks
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
VIN#11777 (don't ask!!) Sad
Norfolk
Original Equipment Front 195/60-R14 You could use the Pirelli P6000

Original Equipment Rear 235/60-R15 You could use the Pirelli P600

Please also see : http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=823 for more info on cost
Hi Mike, hope you are well.

Thanks for the info matey, it's much appreciated! Big Grin

I thought it might be worth looking into as 11777 still has her original 25 year old tyres and despite visibly being in very good condition, I am a little wary (when the time comes) in driving long distances, especially after the recent warnings.

Best to be safe than sorry as they say! :wink:

Take care
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
Norfolk
Right, just gave Kwik-fit a bell.

Didn't get too far, as they asked me what the 'speed rating' was for the tyres? :?:

Call me stupid, but I have no idea what the speed rating is! :oops:

Anybody help please?

Thanks again! :wink:
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
Norfolk
Not much of a choice with the rear tyres anyway Sad

See:-

http://www.blackcircles.com/general/speedrating

Rear : Pirelli - 235/60 R15 [98W] - P600

This Pirelli tyre has a speed rating of " W ". So this gives this tyre a maximum speed of 168 MPH

Front: Pirelli - 195/60 R14 [86H] - P6000

This Pirelli tyre has a speed rating of " H ". This gives this tyre a maximum speed of 130 MPH

What ever tyres you go for , I personally wouldnt go below a S or T (112-118mph) rating .

As you probably know there is a far bigger choice of front tyres out there for the D. Im using Michelin fuel savers on my fronts.
Super job, thanks again buddy! Big Grin

Right, so the price I was quoted for the set of 4 Pirelli's was...£302.24 (£342.24 fully fitted, checked, balanced etc..)

That works out at £75.56 a tyre, that doesn't sound too bad at all, does it?

May be open to further negotiation too me thinks... :wink:
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
Norfolk
I had forgotten about that. On a 'track' last year I managed to hit 135mph (GPS confirmed it too) and although it was for just a few seconds I never ever thought I would have more to think about Shock
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
When Phill needed tyres for the Avi (and they are big buggers - 17" rims and 235 wide and a high speed rating as she's the V6), he went on Black Circles website (I think Bozzy mentioned it further up), then took the quote to Kwik Fit who agreed to beat it.

(Carl, this subsitutes the PM of yours I just replied to btw!!)

Deffo worth shopping around, but I love the Pirellis, the transformation in handling - ie Flopsy would go round corners/roundabouts in intended direction of forward motion! - was amazing, and suddenly you didnt need a change of underwear everytime you went round a roundabout in the wet Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I got my front p6000s today

smell gooooooooood Smile

now to find the rears
[Image: confused0024.gif]
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
Depends how far you want to travel - I got mine from Inner Ring in Derby (took about 48hrs to order them in), or you can try Micheldever, they deliver nationwide from what I remember.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
ah, Micheldever! I bought my tires from them. I chose Pirelli P6000 and P600 what must be 4-5 years ago now and they still have loads of tread left even after 20k miles. Really good tires in the wet too. I hope they are easy to find when I need to replace them...
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Barson Wrote:I got my front p6000s today

smell gooooooooood Smile

now to find the rears

Any joy Barson?

I've tried a few places (Micheldever, STS, Kwik Fit,) but as far as these P600's go I can't get a decent price (£208.00 is lowest) for the set!

Let us know if you have any luck buddy. :wink:

Cheers
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
Norfolk
Hi Carl

Is that for a pair or a set ?

Dan
Hi Dan,

Unfortunately, that's just the price for a pair of rears, still looking at £300 best for the whole set!

Do you think I'm likely to get much better than that then mate? It's these P600's that seem quite pricey, wherever I go!
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
Norfolk
Carl Hammond Wrote:
Barson Wrote:I got my front p6000s today

smell gooooooooood Smile

now to find the rears

Any joy Barson?

I've tried a few places (Micheldever, STS, Kwik Fit,) but as far as these P600's go I can't get a decent price (£208.00 is lowest) for the set!

Let us know if you have any luck buddy. :wink:

Cheers

hello

208 isn't bad Smile

I was quoted by black circles 263 fully fitted.

Where's you get 208 from? is that inc vat?

the p600 are expensive, unforunately. :oops: Cry
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193