Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intresting rear lights...
Found this on the net, not sure if I like it or not....

[Image: 31496557.jpg]
Chris Spratt

Ex owner of Vin#16327 Grey 5 Speed was FLE 371Y
1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
looks a bit manky i thinks Shock TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Doing this is PURE EVIL!! :x :x :x :x :x
Aaron May

DOC: 573
VIN: 16723 - the LPG delorean

1999 Corsa 1.2L GLS Auto

The Wii-Master!
Aaron Wrote:Doing this is PURE EVIL!! :x :x :x :x :x

agreed
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Those are the lights from a Corvette.

It beggers belief that someone would spend as much time as is clearly necessary altering the rear to accept these lights when the end result doesn't suit the car as well as the standard units.

However, better looking than those horrid square ones you get on some Euro-spec cars.
Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178
Grimsby
mikesumner Wrote:However, better looking than those horrid square ones you get on some Euro-spec cars.

and I trust you will say that to the face of anyone on here (ie Demelza for one) who has a car with the Euro spec lights?

Beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Claire Usher Wrote:
mikesumner Wrote:However, better looking than those horrid square ones you get on some Euro-spec cars.

and I trust you will say that to the face of anyone on here (ie Demelza for one) who has a car with the Euro spec lights?

Beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder.

Firstly, yes I would.

And secondly, we all know they were only ever put on to meet legal requirements and not because of their aesthetic qualities.

Let's not create an issue where one doesn't exist.
Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178
Grimsby
I wasnt 'creating an issue' Mike.

Its just that, if I didnt like a feature of, or agree with a modification that someone had done to their car, then out of politeness would keep my opinions to myself, rather then possibly offend a fellow friend and club member.
mikesumner Wrote:And secondly, we all know they were only ever put on to meet legal requirements and not because of their aesthetic qualities.

It's worth remebering that these so-called "Euro-spec" clusters were not fitted by DMC and were not part of the Euro-spec or RHD conversion programme. They were fitted to certain cars sold in the UK after the factory closed.
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Tourettes Tony Wrote:looks a bit manky i thinks Shock TT

I think that John (or whoever had the last word on the design) got it right first time, it looks perfect as it is.
Alexander Adams
Hull, East Yorkshire
DOC member - 389
Reg of first D experience - HEC 6T
Actually I just remembered, in the video game GTA:Vice City/Vice City Stories, it is exactly the same rear end.

[Image: sa1comp.jpg]
Alexander Adams
Hull, East Yorkshire
DOC member - 389
Reg of first D experience - HEC 6T
Going back to the original pic, I'm not sure that they acually look real anyway. I reckon they have been 'computer enhanced' as it were. Particularly around the number plate looks very fake, what do you lot rekon'.
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
ayup Julian,

actually, looking at the pic, I reckon the whole car has been 'photo-shopped' onto the picture. Just doesnt look quite right to me. :?
Hi everyone,

although I stand by my opinion of the "Euro-spec" rear lights that I expressed last night I would like to apologise for the way in which I tactlessly came out with it as I was quite drunk at the time and did not mean to cause offence to anyone.

I know I have had some arguments with club members in the past, but I was going through a very difficult time back then, and this is not a relapse to that.

As I said I had been drinking for quite a while before I posted that message and while I still think the same thing, I don't think it was right for me to express it in that way.
Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178
Grimsby